Tears for Fears Tipping Point Blu Ray audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@marcb , did you get any news on your waiting list spot too?
I literally reached out to Anne about 20 min ago and she got back to me right away indicating Paul at SDE will be getting in touch with me tomorrow on my payment/shipping info. I was apparently the first person to inquire about a wait list after it sold out.

Just speculating, but maybe the glitch orders are low hanging fruit since SDE has their payment/shipping info already - and SDE will simply get to wait list orders requiring more manual effort last.

Obviously, I don’t have any idea how many are on the wait list or if they will have copies available for all on the list (or at least those who inquired about it before the glitch orders). I should hope the glitch folks don’t get priority over those who reached out before the glitch...

I literally reached out to Anne about 20 min ago and she got back to me right away indicating Paul at SDE will be getting in touch with me tomorrow on my payment/shipping info. I was apparently the first person to inquire about a wait list after it sold out.

Just speculating, but maybe the glitch orders are low hanging fruit since SDE has their payment/shipping info already - and SDE will simply get to wait list orders requiring more manual effort last.

Obviously, I don’t have any idea how many are on the wait list or if they will have copies available for all on the list (or at least those who inquired about it before the glitch orders). I should hope the glitch folks don’t get priority over those who reached out before the glitch...
I am on the waiting list as well but not sure on which place. We will see.

Got mine today, exactly one month past release day, along with €7,50 worth of tax and handling fees.
All costs considered, this must be the most I paid for a bare-bones, single-disc release, and certainly the longest wait 😅

BTW, is it normal for UK sellers not to slash VAT off the price when selling to EU? Or is that just Paul pocketing some more on those orders?
I've only ordered form amazon a couple of times since Brexit and I seem to remember paying a bit less than the listing price.

Got mine today, exactly one month past release day, along with €7,50 worth of tax and handling fees.
All costs considered, this must be the most I paid for a bare-bones, single-disc release, and certainly the longest wait 😅

BTW, is it normal for UK sellers not to slash VAT off the price when selling to EU? Or is that just Paul pocketing some more on those orders?
I've only ordered form amazon a couple of times since Brexit and I seem to remember paying a bit less than the listing price.
Congrats on receiving the bda. Yes, UK sellers would exclude 20% British VAt from the price and you wold pay your local VAT upon arrival in your country.

The VAT question is a good point .
If I buy from Amazon UK the VAT is removed.
We all paid the same £22 far as I know.
Does that mean I paid VAT unnecessarily or did those in the UK have it added to the £22

Can’t say I’m worried either way, just curious

The VAT question is a good point .
If I buy from Amazon UK the VAT is removed.
We all paid the same £22 far as I know.
Does that mean I paid VAT unnecessarily or did those in the UK have it added to the £22

Can’t say I’m worried either way, just curious
The price was the same for everyone so I'd assume Paul gets to pocket 20% off the EU purchases (I'm no expert on tax laws whatsoever though 😅 ).

Did SW mix this? I just rec’d the disc (haven’t heard it yet), and opened the case to view the booklet which credits Steven Wilson as the engineer for the Atmos and 5.1.

Last edited:
Back