Frank Zappa Waka/Wazoo Deluxe 4CD + Blu-Ray 5.1 and Atmos!!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One odd thing I noticed with the 5.1 mixes.... The volume level on Waka/Jawaka is a good bit higher than that of Grand Wazoo. When the last track on Wazoo finishes and the disc defaults back to the menu, the menu music is a good bit louder and may be a little startling. A minor quibble on an otherwise excellent disc.

The official release date isn't until tomorrow. A lot of stores won't show it as in stock until release date.
I'm in Australia. It's 16th December here, and this should be valid at least for Amazon. I do understand that burningshed and Zappastore are based elsewhere. However, yesterday, all stored showed this item as a 'pre-order', and today they are all 'out of stock'.

I'm going to do a comparison, when my disc arrives, of the two Waka/Jawaka Tracks . One from the DVDA and the new Bluray . Mind you the DVDA is quad .
Nevertheless it's all fun with zfrank.

The footage is back!

Just watched this 2:43 of amazing history of this singular event.
Essential viewing for anybody on this thread.

Tugged at my heart strings seeing Frank, still limping from his 1971 assault, cross Holiday Inn parking lots, smiling.
This is how I remember him at the concert I saw of the "petit" 10-piece version of the band he toured 50 years ago.
(Petit Wazoo Tour: CD / streaming: 2006 Imaginary Diseases, 2016 Little Dots.)

Unforgettable, first hearing of not-yet-released Cosmik Debris & Montana.
Seated jazz band actually reading composed music, Zappa conducting.
With free sections of improv soloists as well as his guitar.

We are so blessed to have this new hoard of material documenting this singluar & significant project.
And brought in dead-bang on time for the 50th anniversary.

The show I saw, with opener "Steeley(sp)" Dan.

large_Daily_Nebraskan.__December_01__1972.png

So, my box was delivered at 7:20 a.m. (est) this morning. After wiping the smile :p from my face I proceeded to rip the CD's using the dbpoweramp CD ripper. And... HOLY S***! The titles all showed up in JAPANESE!!! I retrieved the titles from the FZ web site and typed them into the metadata before ripping. I looked to see if there was an option for language but didn't find one. Has anyone else ripped the CD's and gotten Japanese titles?

Today 12/16
Frank Zappa Official Store
ORDER​

Your order is on the way​

Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

Items in this shipment​

mail
Waka/Jawaka T-Shirt × 1
XL
mail
The Grand Wazoo T-Shirt × 1
XL
mail
Waka/Wazoo Deluxe 4CD + Blu-Ray Audio × 1
Were the prices reasonable or did you have to pay up the Wazoo?

My Bull Moose ordered wazoo just arrived. That was quick considering I'm on the other side of the country and it was economy shipping. That's been my experience with Bull Moose the other time(s) I've ordered from them.

So, my box was delivered at 7:20 a.m. (est) this morning. After wiping the smile :p from my face I proceeded to rip the CD's using the dbpoweramp CD ripper. And... HOLY S***! The titles all showed up in JAPANESE!!! I retrieved the titles from the FZ web site and typed them into the metadata before ripping. I looked to see if there was an option for language but didn't find one. Has anyone else ripped the CD's and gotten Japanese titles?
I'm ripping my discs with Foobar fine, I think musicbrainz is the source for the tag info.

Back