LATEST Piece of Gear in Your Stack - What is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arvus-12_2.jpg
How much is this critter Kal? Their webpage says "contact sales dept for pricing" which to me sounds a lot like , if you have to ask....etc.
I can afford stuff but decline to be defrauded out of money because of excessive pricing for audio gear.

No gear . . . yet, but i have a place for a used turntable i scored! My "new" Pro-Ject Debut Carbon DC Turntable w/Ortofon Red 2M Cartridge is out for delivery!
View attachment 86630

Grr. The turntable arrived destroyed! Poor packing job and manhandling by carrier (though no indication of FRAGILE contents noted on box). Turntable was also missing parts! All is worked out with eBay seller. I am taking it as a sign that i should stick with a direct-drive deck, so i decided to go with same turntable and cartridge as i have upstairs. I found a "cosmetically imperfect" model for sale. It should arrive by Saturday. I'm patient. So patient. Meanwhile, I put some Ikea shelving together to hold my vinyl:
74FC7EAC-7A62-42A9-9312-7DF4B04D7991_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Grr. The turntable arrived destroyed! Poor packing job and manhandling by carrier (though no indication of FRAGILE contents noted on box). Turntable was also missing parts! All is worked out with eBay seller. I am taking it as a sign that i should stick with a direct-drive deck, so i decided to go with same turntable and cartridge as i have upstairs. I found a "cosmetically imperfect" model for sale. It should arrive by Saturday. I'm patient. So patient. Meanwhile, I put some Ikea shelving together to hold my vinyl:
View attachment 86796
I repeat myself when under stress.....I REPEAT!
Have you considered a nice Linear Tracking like mine? Easy to maintain and quite solid!
THIS ONE for example I am almost positive will work if you just change the belt that moves the tonearm...the latest one I got (I have TWO) I bought cause the person did not know that you have to UNLOCK the tonearm...
Just sayin'...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1255514330...94diom9PJsD6CRzKq/kT7zh9Y=|tkp:Bk9SR5qX24CsYQ

I repeat myself when under stress.....I REPEAT!
Have you considered a nice Linear Tracking like mine? Easy to maintain and quite solid!
THIS ONE for example I am almost positive will work if you just change the belt that moves the tonearm...the latest one I got (I have TWO) I bought cause the person did not know that you have to UNLOCK the tonearm...
Just sayin'...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1255514330...94diom9PJsD6CRzKq/kT7zh9Y=|tkp:Bk9SR5qX24CsYQ
Well, if this one coming Saturday is also damaged beyond repair:
https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at-lp120xusbI'll begin by repeating . . . by repeating. And then i'll take it as a sign i should go with your linear tracking suggestion! Thanks! I prolly should have sent out a request here on QQ before just replicating what i am running upstairs! Ah, live and learn . . . or was that Live and Let Die!?

Last edited:
Oo! Whilst filling up my LP shelves, UPS delivered my new headshell and cartridge! My DJ buddy worked diligently last time to put just the cartridge on the old headshell, so i thought i'd get the combo and try it myself . . . but i do have him on speed dial just in case!
4ADEAC8C-8EA6-43AB-8998-4BA96A494365_1_105_c.jpeg

If all goes well, i might actually unbox the SMv.2 that i bought over three years ago and try and get some quad going downstairs!

Last edited:
Whilst i–patiently–await the arrival of the new (to me!) turntable, i take some solace in filling up my shelves with vinyl!
View attachment 86803

Nice Mr. Clement! Do I spy an Ikea Kallax storage module? Looks tricker than usual to set up by Ikea methods. But as your LP collection grows those empty spaces can be utilized displaying your rather huge Funko collection. Well, you've already started I see...

I have Blurays, SACD's, DVD-A's lined up on one side of my room running pretty much front to back on the floor. Always fun to lay on my stomach with a flashlight looking for a title.

My best solution to that was the Ikea Genedby cases that for various reasons would acoustically & aesthetically fit into my room perfect. Then about 2 years ago Ikea dropped it! I never got around to purchasing. The black unit cost about $60 each. Now see what they are going for on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175113859890
And isn't it an interesting sign o' the times when you can buy storage for LP's, but not CD's and the such at Ikea?

Wow Sonik I have two white ones and they are perfect for CDs and blurays I just adjust the height of the shelves.
Those ebay prices are stratospheric. Why would Ikea discontinue them?

Wow Sonik I have two white ones and they are perfect for CDs and blurays I just adjust the height of the shelves.
You are obviously a smarter man than me. Or is it "I"?
At any rate I'm sure Ikea dropped them because so much streaming media replacing disc media. And then, the rise of the LP. It's a mad,mad,mad,mad, world.

I think it was office depo that sold something similar in black about twice as wide and three shelves shorter but same depth for CDs. Im sure they are no longer sold too.
When Ikea starts selling book cases sized for cassettes let me know.....

I think it was office depo that sold something similar in black about twice as wide and three shelves shorter but same depth for CDs. Im sure they are no longer sold too.
When Ikea starts selling book cases sized for cassettes let me know.....
Well the it seems Reddit readers suggest Ikea spice racks :oops:
:LOL::

You are obviously a smarter man than me. Or is it "I"?
At any rate I'm sure Ikea dropped them because so much streaming media replacing disc media. And then, the rise of the LP. It's a mad,mad,mad,mad, world.
First, it is "I" – "am" is understood: You are obviously a smarter man than I am. Though, your meaning is certainly clear when using me, so if i were you, i would tell me to go phuque my pedantic aspect. But i digress . . .
Second, have you checked Hammacher Schlemmer for storage? I have a few pieces from them:

https://www.hammacher.com/
This might tickle your inner grammarian:

https://jakubmarian.com/than-i-vs-t...t=Smarter than me is the,“smarter than I am”.

Last edited:
First, it is "I" – "am" is understood: You are obviously a smarter man than I am. Though, your meaning is certainly clear when using me, so if i were you, i would tell me to go phuque my pedantic self. But i digress . . .
Second, have you checked Hammacher Schlemmer for storage? I have a few pieces from them:

https://www.hammacher.com/
This might tickle your inner grammarian:

https://jakubmarian.com/than-i-vs-t...t=Smarter than me is the,“smarter than I am”.
First I can not afford anything sold at Hammacher or Sharper Image. And I have no idea what a "subordinate clause" is but it sounds more belonging to a legal contract. I shall google after signing off.

At one time there was a very clever NPR show on I think... called Word Smithing? Any clue? Right up there with Ken Nordine. But, me digress.

First I can not afford anything sold at Hammacher or Sharper Image. And I have no idea what a "subordinate clause" is but it sounds more belonging to a legal contract. I shall google after signing off.

At one time there was a very clever NPR show on I think... called Word Smithing? Any clue? Right up there with Ken Nordine. But, me digress.
Somehow I had 50% off at HS; i can't recollect how or why! Seems as if spice racks are mos' def' the way to go! Gotta love Reddit!

That’s why I took matters into my own hands and built drawers to hold my digital media. The shelves are 22” deep to accommodate some of my “legacy” gear, and it would be a big waste of space to put CDs etc. on a shelf with that much space behind them. It was definitely worth the effort. I can easily read all the edges of the jewel cases and clamshells using the overhead lights.

Latest gear I bought was the Third type of turntable.... Clement, wait for it......a Dual 1019, idler wheel TT. Fully serviced by a local vintage audio store, plays fantastic. Big plus is it also plays 78s, of which I have decent collection of 1954-58 rock n' roll, and some bop jazz.
That’s one of the reasons I’ve kept my Miracord 50H all these years (bought at the Bitburg Radio Club in 1969]. It plays at 16-2/3, 33-1/3, 45 and 78. It’s fitted with a Shure V15 type 5 MR, and it tracks the notorious 1812 Overture no problem.

My 78 collection includes almost 100 Edison discs, and I even have a 16-2/3 rpm copy of Scheherezade. Sounds like crap, but it’s odd enough that I keep it.

Back