Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buying a standalone BD with Atmos? In a heartbeat (so to speak)! A box set for nearly 3 X Immersion that doesn't have the Parsons quad mix? Don't think so not even to get Atmos. At this point, owning the Immersion set & the Guthrie 5.1 SACD, I don't think I'm buying, as much as I would like to hear this in Atmos. It would have to be seriously discounted. I can wait.

For different reasons, it's another Revolver: missing an essential mix item for completist fans. And I've already paid the price for 1 gimped box set. The one difference is this one at least has an honest & well-explained list of what's included. Unlike Revolver which was incompetently marketed, with misleading announcements if not borderline lying. At least Pink Floyd & studio have got their act together in accurately describing what you get for $300!

Revolver was a black mark on the label and Giles Martin's reputation on how they handled its release.

Last edited:
Done at Popmarket, someone had to, no regrets.
Subtotal
Promo Code: THANKS10
Standard Domestic 3-8 days
Sales Tax
Total

$26.68

9.625%
Subtotal$266.79
Promo Code: THANKS10($26.68)
Standard Domestic 3-8 days$0.00
Sales Tax$23.11
Total$263.22
Good for you, guy. Someone had to break the ice. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Buying a standalone BD with Atmos? In a heartbeat (so to speak)! A box set for nearly 3 X Immersion that doesn't have the Parsons quad mix? Don't think so not even to get Atmos. At this point, owning the Immersion set & the Guthrie 5.1 SACD, I don't think I'm buying, as much as I would like to hear this in Atmos. It would have to be seriously discounted. I can wait.

For different reasons, it's another Revolver: missing an essential mix item for completist fans. And I've already paid the price for 1 gimped box set. The one difference is this one at least has an honest & well-explained list of what's included. Unlike Revolver which was incompetently marketed, with misleading announcements if not borderline lying. At least Pink Floyd & studio have got their act together in accurately describing what you get for $300!

Revolver was a black mark on the label and Giles Martin's reputation on how they handled its release.
If you go to jpc.de and type in Atmos blu ray, there are lots of releases not in huge box sets. Postage to USA however I do not know.

SDE says no and they are pretty reliable folks.

There does not appear to be any standalone reissues of the 2023 remaster of The Dark Side of the Moon, so the three physical formats for this 50th anniversary campaign are: deluxe box set, vinyl LP of Live at Wembley 1974 and CD of Live at Wembley 1974. Unlike with Animals, they are not making the spatial audio available separately, so buying the box set is the only way to get the Atmos mix, physically.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/pink-floyd-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-50th-anniversary-reissue/
“Appears”

SDE says no and they are pretty reliable folks.

There does not appear to be any standalone reissues of the 2023 remaster of The Dark Side of the Moon, so the three physical formats for this 50th anniversary campaign are: deluxe box set, vinyl LP of Live at Wembley 1974 and CD of Live at Wembley 1974. Unlike with Animals, they are not making the spatial audio available separately, so buying the box set is the only way to get the Atmos mix, physically.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/pink-floyd-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-50th-anniversary-reissue/
Apologies duped this. If I’m wrong come September shoot me

Agreed, around $150 seems reasonably fair. $300 no.
Come on Guys, $300 isn’t fair, $150 isn’t fair, $75 isn’t fair because you already have great quality 5.1, Quad, and Stereo mixes. What is left is a box, paper that you really don’t want or need and will look at a time or two at most then put the box away in the closet.
What you really only need possibly is the Atmos mix and that is debatable it will be that great of an Atmos mix. Does anyone know who has mixed the Dolby Atmos yet? It should only be worth around $40 even at PF prices.

Nice video. I bought the blu ray from the Immersion Set of DSOTM off of Ebay back in 2013. I imagine someone will be selling parts of this one on Ebay. So, I am going to pass. Besides, I'm saving my bread for The Who's Next boxset. I imagine that one will be around $300. I hope the announcement for that is coming soon.

I know this sounds extremely nitpicky but jeez, the photo book is paperback? I thought for sure it'd be hardbound (again, trying to make at least some sense of the price point). I'm thankful for the flip-through though, because it's clear to me now that I don't need the book either. So, only the Atmos mix is tugging at me, then... I'm gonna wait it out to see what the reviews say (and hope the price drops too).

The music book is really a WTF, no? I can't remember an instance of anything like that being included in another SDE. But what a boon for those who'd like sit down at the ol' spinnet and happily hammer-out "On The Run" at the next family gathering!

Back