Van Morrison "Moondance" (Standalone Blu-Ray with Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix coming in December!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just stumbled on this one also. Only listened to one track so far ("Into the Mystic") but it downmixes to 5.1 quite nicely. Guess I shouldn't have been surprised when that foghorn blew right behind me!
It's pretty wild in 7.1.4. Like the Grateful Dead mixes, there's absolute seperation between the various speaker pairs. The first track has acoustic guitars in the sides, piano in the rears, and horns in the heights!

Sure would be helpful if Apple would just put some of that basic info (Mixed by: ) in their little Comments section; hopefully at some point they will.
Here’s hoping the metadata tech they got with Primephonic in the upcoming Apple Music Classical trickles into Main Apple Music at some point.
Also, a source for my “based on previous comments” is this interview, at the 13:14 mark:

No word yet from the “Steven Wilson Remixes” facebook group

It's pretty wild in 7.1.4. Like the Grateful Dead mixes, there's absolute seperation between the various speaker pairs. The first track has acoustic guitars in the sides, piano in the rears, and horns in the heights!
Yeah it's a lovely mix. :) The sax solo in These Dreams Of You is epic! Feels like it's being played in the room!:SG

Sure would be helpful if Apple would just put some of that basic info (Mixed by: ) in their little Comments section; hopefully at some point they will.
That’s only going to work if record labels provide that information in the first place!

1679522337697.png

Spinning now. Loving the mix. Makes me want to hear a SW mix of Astral Weeks, one of my favorite albums of all time.
if its on Warner nowadays there's a chance, they're really going for it lately with Atmos and seem to have discovered the wonders of Steven Wilson, thank God!! 😅🥳❤️

Back