Suede "Suede" (SDE Blu-Ray #11 with Steven Wilson stereo, 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the Atmos mix of Autofiction? I don't think he did that one, only the debut which doesn't come out on disc or streaming until July.
Thanks. I am new to this band, and didn't distinguish between the two.

The SDE collection has always been something to admire. I have had some opposition to a couple of titles when they were presented, so I decided to pass. My mistake. I passed on Orbital Optical Delusions, Shakespeare Sisters. "Not my type of music", So I did pass. Then I spent some quality time listening to these albums on Spotify. I actually liked them. Luckily SDE had a few Shakespeare Sisters available due to customer cancellations, but Orbital was gone. I paid close to $90 to get a copy. My bad. but what an incredible album. The moral of the story, Just buy it. SDE surround discs are collectable and increase in value once they are sold out. 11 out of 11 and still smiling :)

My gift to the QQ members... Check out Suede

I was hoping it was finally going to be ABC's "Lexicon Of Love". Suede is a group the reviewers always seemed to love, but I just find their sound to be dreary and unintersting. I do like a lot of other Brit-Pop bands though.

I've ordered it; not the biggest of Suede fans (I was a bit older when they hit the big time), but what I have learnt from this surround obsession is that surround opens up the music, and I have found albums/bands I didn't like before, I like in surround; I don't become a raving fan of the music, but I appreciate and enjoy it much more than in plain old stereo.

Suede was supposed to be the next big thing from the UK, not Oasis. But with the uber-flamboyant frontman (turns out it was just an act), they never had a chance in the US. Nowadays they would be, except that they wrote actual songs and not the drivel that makes up the airwaves now. I didn't hear them until probably around 96. I was hooked when I heard Animal Nitrate the first time. Some of the other songs I liked, but a lot of it was in the "I'm not quite sure what to think of these guys" territory until I listened to it some more. The album has a good cohesion, front to back. Guitar work is excellent and original by Bernard Butler (I put some of my thoughts in a different post, but I think it was deleted because I did 3 posts in a row and now there's just the SDE announcement post). If you dig some of the Bowie glam years and some of the 90s Britpop, I think these guys land somewhere in between. They never had a record nearly as good, though, and I think Butler left after the 2nd record.

Well, yet another band Iā€™ve never heard of but I really dig this album.

Instant buy thanks to the SW mix as well. Donā€™t even have to worry about the quality of it beforehand.

Keep ā€˜em coming.

The inclusion of an instrumental mix would have made this an easier decision for me.

And..what is your decision?
To procrastinate and not make a final decision until the end of the pre-order window.

If I was forced to decide right this minute, it would be a no for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that Iā€™m just not enthused about the music.

Even with discs in this series that I was unsure about, I managed to find something to latch on to. Iā€™m just not finding that with this one.

To procrastinate and not make a final decision until the end of the pre-order window.

If I was forced to decide right this minute, it would be a no for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that Iā€™m just not enthused about the music.

Even with discs in this series that I was unsure about, I managed to find something to latch on to. Iā€™m just not finding that with this one.
That's awesome. I am the KING of procrastination. word....

Back