Life in Surround - Surround Music Review and Discussion YouTube Channel

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't my experience.
I'm beginning to suspect that there is so much variation between various Atmos systems that QQers mainly reporting the same experience is just highly unlikely.
For me, even the experience from the movie theater to my HTS was noticeably different. My HTS smoked the theater.

Wonderful "Open Letter" to Metallica. Most of your points are common sense. I also think most of the points would benefit a lot of bands. IMO, one of the best and worst aspects of the CD is the whole 80 minutes deal. Too many bands feel the need to fill it up with songs that could have used a little more love and the result ends up diluting the greatness of the overall album.

TPT - How Did We Find Out Way 1998 - 2006
Preorder Announcement

Yes no way I could miss this. Fot the price there's an incredible value here compared to other box sets. IMO. TPT and Soord are pretty much right near or at the top of my list anyway of releases I look most forward to.
8.5 hrs? 8.5 hrs!!! Yowsa!

Mike, This has just gone to No1 here in the UK!!

BBC News - Metallica land first UK number one album in 15 years
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65345911
Good for them. Lots of angling and maybe good time and luck can play into a #1 record. Not to mention their massive marketing initiatives.
We'll see if the album has much staying power. My prediction is that, other than with totally rabid fanbois, the album won't receive repeat listens beyond the first several fresh weeks and maybe months.
I never listen to their previous 3 records, and probably never will again. I miiiight listen to 72S once or twice again, before I die, but maybe not. I think it's their strongest since... Load? But not super strong.
Kill 'Em All through the Black Album? For sure. Many more times to come.

I just saw Lorna Shore, Gojira, and MASTODON in concert last night and they all smoked the experiences I've had with Metallica since the Black Album tour. Yet, no #1 records for them...

PXL_20230421_053718885~2.jpg

My thank you to vettix:
This is a post of gratitude. Take a moment to read!
Last night, my dear friend, Saraj, and I had a simply perfect concert experience. Good conversation catching up, 3 amazing bands (Lorna Shore, Gojira, and MASTODON), flawless performances, perfect setlists with no lackluster songs. Running into concert goers from past shows.
Special thanks to vettix.org for sending us to the show for free.
Very special thanks to the Concord Pavilion staff for upgrading us to a VIP box for the Mastodon set! My concert hoody has a blend of metal band patches and my personal Army patches, all arranged like they would be on a duty uniform. The staff noticed that I was connecting powerfully, tearfully, and joyously with the music. Plus the patches.
Mastodon is very important, to me. They've been part of my journey to heal from combat PTSD. They're psychedelic and if you want to free yourself from ego and achieve acceptance, their music is just perfect. And heavy, endlessly interesting, and enjoyable. Unbelievable talent.
It was a night I'll always remember. And one of those experiences that confirms life can be amazing and worth all the struggle.
At the end of the show, we stayed and talked with the ushers, who were obviously pleased that we loved the upgraded experience. We left after giving them hugs!
Thanks to everyone who made last night possible, in big and small ways. You all rock! 🤘🥰🥳

My Japanese LPs - Stereo / Quadraphonic - SQ, QS/RM, CD-4
In search of anyone who knows Japanese and can help me identify these records and learn more about them.

Might be a good idea to divvy-up the LPs into identified and still to identify. I want to know what that 3rd Matrix LP is and how it sounds/style?

Please let us know if any of these have some killer music on them; that Papa John Creach is a great one BTW.

Sometimes I'll search on discogs by doing an advanced search under the "Label" and if possible the "Year" just browsing the front pics and have found stuff that way. A lot of those you've got there, I don't ever remember seeing in my journeys.

My thank you to vettix:
Last night, my dear friend, Saraj, and I had a simply perfect concert experience. Good conversation catching up, 3 amazing bands (Lorna Shore, Gojira, and MASTODON), flawless performances, perfect setlists with no lackluster songs. Running into concert goers from past shows.
Very special thanks to the Concord Pavilion staff for upgrading us to a VIP box for the Mastodon set! My concert hoody has a blend of metal band patches and my personal Army patches, all arranged like they would be on a duty uniform. The staff noticed that I was connecting powerfully, tearfully, and joyously with the music. Plus the patches.
Mastodon is very important, to me. They've been part of my journey to heal from combat PTSD. They're psychedelic and if you want to free yourself from ego and achieve acceptance, their music is just perfect. And heavy, endlessly interesting, and enjoyable. Unbelievable talent.
It was a night I'll always remember. And one of those experiences that confirms life can be amazing and worth all the struggle.
At the end of the show, we stayed and talked with the ushers, who were obviously pleased that we loved the upgraded experience. We left after giving them hugs!
Thanks to everyone who made last night possible, in big and small ways. You all rock! 🤘🥰🥳
Music was what kept me going, Baggie. I learned to keep a tune in my head to keep from going insane. When I came back to the world, music continued to be my healer, still is. Still keep those tunes in my head on my journey. The journey is never over, (for me) but each day, each year, has brought me further and further. May All That Is bless you and keep you close.

My thank you to vettix:
Sounds like an excellent night!

Might be a good idea to divvy-up the LPs into identified and still to identify. I want to know what that 3rd Matrix LP is and how it sounds/style?

Please let us know if any of these have some killer music on them; that Papa John Creach is a great one BTW.

Sometimes I'll search on discogs by doing an advanced search under the "Label" and if possible the "Year" just browsing the front pics and have found stuff that way. A lot of those you've got there, I don't ever remember seeing in my journeys.
I'll throw that 3rd matrix LP on soon, Pupster.
It's labeled "RM 4"!!!
I think that was an early nomenclature for QS.

My Japanese LPs - Stereo / Quadraphonic - SQ, QS/RM, CD-4
In search of anyone who knows Japanese and can help me identify these records and learn more about them.

Here you go. These guys will know for sure all of them. You may feel reluctant to contact them as they are not members here on the board, but maybe they are? I don't know. But, I have purchased a lot of Cd-4's, QS, and SQ from them and they have a great selection for sale. These are some of the primary big store fronts with from 4,000 to say 100,000 in sales on EBAY for Japanese Quadraphonic. You can just contact them with your EBAY account through EBAY at lease initially. They may even purchase some of your stock if you decide to sell. I would maybe just send them photos of a few of your albums, maybe ask them for a consulting arrangement if needed.

You can go to their storefronts on EBAY to see if they maybe even already have your stuff in stock?

Here are the store front EBAY IDs of the big ones.

get_importcds

facerecords

withsound

ezs7580

vgps

jpnvinyls

Thank you for all you do on Life in Surround, and all the good info you
share.

Back