Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my secondary surround system I play all SACDs DSD out into my all analogue Parasound P7 pre~amp and never had an issue with IR SACDs!
It’s always with the cymbals on the very top end. On this first Frampton disc, it seems to affect only four songs. A couple don’t have cymbal crashes at all or are acoustic based.

Peter Frampton - Frampton’s Camel

IMG_2459.jpeg
IMG_2460.jpeg

Now listening to Winds Of Change-SACD-Frampton.
Looking at Peters Discography this threesome is 1,2 & 4.
Funny thing, back in the day I bought the cassette of #3 Somethin's Happening.
I wonder why IR skipped #3? They are all A&M Records.
Sonic quality of this first listen is real good, not too bright, but I just finished an MQA (Yes) listen so maybe that was bright?

R-20311183-1632202562-3187.jpg

It’s always with the cymbals on the very top end. On this first Frampton disc, it seems to affect only four songs. A couple don’t have cymbal crashes at all or are acoustic based.
I know what you mean, if music is on the brighter side it really effects my Tinnitus. I find I have to find the sweet spot on the volume otherwise my brain/ears start fighting.
Have to wear ear plugs in concerts now.

Now listening to Winds Of Change-SACD-Frampton.
Looking at Peters Discography this threesome is 1,2 & 4.
Funny thing, back in the day I bought the cassette of #3 Somethin's Happening.
I wonder why IR skipped #3? They are all A&M Records.
Good catch! I did not realize this. Last time I heard these earlier albums is when Van Halen’s 5150 came out.

Frampton Comes Alive was my first PF album, followed by I’m In You. It wasn’t until the mid eighties when I acquired the earlier albums. I never went beyond purchasing any further PF albums because I lost interest.

Okay! I finished all three discs. With the exception of about four songs on Wind Of Change (need to have a re-listen tomorrow), they sound great. Not being a die-hard Frampton fan, I’m asking myself, how often will I listen to these albums? Enough to keep my vinyl preorder? Me thinks that the SACD’s will be enough.

Okay! I finished all three discs. With the exception of about four songs on Wind Of Change (need to have a re-listen tomorrow), they sound great. Not being a die-hard Frampton fan, I’m asking myself, how often will I listen to these albums? Enough to keep my vinyl preorder? Me thinks that the SACD’s will be enough.
I love the WOC and FC; they are my favorite Frampton albums. Looks like I’ll have to order those two. I do have the 2000 CD’s; they also sound great but I’m betting that the SACDs sound better. Of course, my hearing was better 23 years ago; I bet that a lot of you QQers feel like I do! 🤦‍♂️

BTW, the CD’s of these two from 2000 have a DR of….wait for it… 8!

Yeah, just finished the three Framptons also.
Thought Show Me The Way, really cool on Frampton.
Heard it forever on Comes Alive.
The studio version so light and funky.

Yeah, just finished the three Framptons also.
Thought Show Me The Way, really cool on Frampton.
Heard it forever on Comes Alive.
The studio version so light and funky.
It’s nice to hear the studio versions of the songs that are perfomed Live on Frampton Comes Alive but, to me, the Live versions are better.

Back