Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1683928343100.png

It’s sad, really. Many people who are great at what they do suffer injuries due to repetition. I wish I had an answer for him.
Once upon a time in high school I decided I wanted to learn how to play guitar. With accordion, coronet, and some organ I already knew how to read music. So I got a nice Gibson arched top F holes acoustic. The killer was round wound strings. After 4 painful lessons I decided I was more of a keyboard guy.

Random Thought of Appreciation: I imagine the Mods must cringe sometimes as they sort through the BBQ, beer, esp this thread sometimes. But it really helps round out sharing our interests even if the main one is music, movies, & gear. Also it provides an outlet that allows all the other audio surround stuff to stay more on topic. That's important too.
Thanks!

I imagine the Mods must cringe sometimes as they sort through the BBQ, beer, esp this thread sometimes. But it really helps round out sharing our interests even if the main one is music, movies, & gear.
Since when do BBQ, beer and football have nothing to do with music, movies and audio gear? And as far as simply random stuff, does it not drive stereo purists crazy when it comes from the rear?

Remember that survey I conducted a while back? Yeah...the results were heavily skewed. Almost everyone conflated Audio-DVD with DVD-Audio. Interestingly, after adjustment, STILL more support for DVD-Audio playback capabilities than SACD. 🤔

On an unrelated note I should stay off the internet because every time I see someone mix up DVD-Audio and Audio-DVD on the internet I feel like...feel like...ooh!
bart-simpson-strangle.gif

Remember that survey I conducted a while back? Yeah...the results were heavily skewed. Almost everyone conflated Audio-DVD with DVD-Audio. Interestingly, after adjustment, STILL more support for DVD-Audio playback capabilities than SACD. 🤔

On an unrelated note I should stay off the internet because every time I see someone mix up DVD-Audio and Audio-DVD on the internet I feel like...feel like...ooh!
bart-simpson-strangle.gif
Ay, caramba!
And don't forget there are many people out there that don't know the difference between Star Wars & Star Trek.

Sound quality wise I am equally happy with DVD-Audio, SACD, or 24/96 LPCM.

You say there is still more support for DVD-A over SACD. Do you mean based on your poll? I thought SACD had more current hardware support out there than DVD-A...

You say there is still more support for DVD-A over SACD. Do you mean based on your poll? I thought SACD had more current hardware support out there than DVD-A...
Based on my poll, based on what people can play at home. Remember, DVD-A technically completely works in all PCs with disc drives! For dedicated players, I don't think I've even seen a DVD player with DVD-A functionality in the wild...

Back