What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Vol 1 (CLOSED)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha..!

while not my default cuppa cha., I always thought "The Streets" would make for ideal surround remixes! :D

His first album is an era defining classic and no mistake. Sadly, he decided to pander to more mainstream values and each subsequent album got progressively less interesting, although "A Grand Don't Come For Free" is pretty good.

This tune just popped into my head when making that last post, so thought it was apt :)

His first album is an era defining classic and no mistake. Sadly, he decided to pander to more mainstream values and each subsequent album got progressively less interesting, although "A Grand Don't Come For Free" is pretty good.

This tune just popped into my head when making that last post, so thought it was apt :)

"Original Pirate Material" was the 1st Streets album I bought. was that his first one?

..speaking of Coldplay, as you were just now in relation to thrusting the new BD-A drive, FM., are Coldplay technically on Universal now UMG have bought EMI or did Sony get Parlophone's artists? or did Coldplay abandon ship altogether before the big sell-off..!?

If Coldplay are on UMG now, they MUST get their stuff out in this format pronto!!

That's a good point. Last I heard, UMG were being forced to sell off Parlophone and Warners were the likely buyers. AFAIK, Coldplay are still on the label.

That's a good point. Last I heard, UMG were being forced to sell off Parlophone and Warners were the likely buyers. AFAIK, Coldplay are still on the label.

hmm.. interesting..

all is not lost from a Hi-Rez/surround point of view if it is Warners who take on Coldplay.. as I think you will see in the months to come! ;) ;)

..speaking of Coldplay, as you were just now in relation to thrusting the new BD-A drive, FM., are Coldplay technically on Universal now UMG have bought EMI or did Sony get Parlophone's artists? or did Coldplay abandon ship altogether before the big sell-off..!?

If Coldplay are on UMG now, they MUST get their stuff out in this format pronto!!

That would be brilliant !! ( Come on Mr. Martin ! )

Just picked up Taj Mahal at Ronnie Scott's a silverline dualdisc...not a great surround mix, but the sound quality is good, nice recording :)

Mostly Autumn SACD, At The Grand Opera House - Some on this forum have said their music is similar to Pink Floyd. Two songs in I dont see the comparison but the Rock and Roll mix is very good. Oooh the third track, Answer the Question is Pink Floydesque. This is going to get a lot of play.

thanks Kap'n Fantastik! :p

I'm still on the hunt for the Vespertine SACD at sane money for the collection.. but now I've got the DVD-A, I'm in even less of a hurry to get it..

..and I wasn't in any hurry to get either the SACD or DVD-A of the album the last 10 years! (*)

(* why!? .. because I associate the album with some pretty bad memories of a painful time with my clinically depressed ex of the time, who absolutely loved the Vespertine album back in the day and played it to death.. aargghh! Blah!)

"..memories like the corners of my mind.."..!! :yikes

Vespertine was the first ever DVD-A/Hi-Res/MC disc I ever owned! And I didn't mean to buy it :D My wife was going into the city so I asked her to pick the Vespertine CD up for me as it had not long been released. When she came back, she gave me the disc and I asked how much it was. When she told me it was £16.99 I thought something wasn't quite right and it was then that I noticed the sticker. From that moment on, my eyes were opened to m/c music and the rest, as they say, is history. I later picked up the "Surrounded____" box set and Volta in 5.1 but was disappointed that Biophilia never got a 5.1 mix :(

I've not compared the DVD-A with the DTS/DD version. Might give that a go, one day :)

yeay! nice one! (y)

how ironic that with Vespertine your wife was amazing (albeit unintentionally!) and by a very happy accident got you your 1st Hi-Rez M/C.. and yet my ex nearly put me off the album for life..!!

partners eh.. can't live with 'em, can't kill 'em! ;)

Well, to be honest, I was with my ex when both Debut and Post came out(which I LOOOVED and was played incessantly here in Spain in Radio 3=state radio), but , fortunately she didn't like it...my Lovely Lis, loves Björk (up to Biophilia and some other crazy stuff: DR9, etc.)...
BTW, FredBlue, don't bother with the SACD, tha DVD-A is the best over all, period. I had the SACD and traded/sold it -can't remember...the box set is fine , but , to my ears , the DVD-A trumps it (also get "Medulla" on DVD-A, I STILL have the SACD, and same as with "Vespertine", and again, the DVD-A , trumps it)

As for "Biophilia", I do not like this disc(maybe a song or two), so , to me it's not a big loss that she didn't release it in MCH!!!

Revolutions - Jim Beard (Hybrid M/C SACD),
Omarm - Blof (Hybrid M/C SACD),
On The 6 - Jennifer Lopez (SACD),
Don't Give Me Names - Guano Apes (Hybrid M/C SACD).

Revolutions - Jim Beard (Hybrid M/C SACD),
Omarm - Blof (Hybrid M/C SACD),
On The 6 - Jennifer Lopez (SACD),
Don't Give Me Names - Guano Apes (Hybrid M/C SACD).

Guano Apes - you're getting into the really hard to find SACDs now!

This just dropped through my letterbox...

555887_10151648703235499_613148832_n.jpg

Finally ! Finally ! Finally !

Roxy Music - Avalon ( SACD )

My 50th Multichannel SACD....fitting, that it's the most expensive i've ever paid too ! ( Why didn't i buy it when it was freely available & £20 ! ) Pleased i've got it now though. ;)

Finally ! Finally ! Finally !

Roxy Music - Avalon ( SACD )

My 50th Multichannel SACD....fitting, that it's the most expensive i've ever paid too ! ( Why didn't i buy it when it was freely available & £20 ! ) Pleased i've got it now though. ;)

Congrats, it's DEMO SACD, wonderful...Industry standard mixes(beautiful music too!), and one of the best sounding SACDs ever (I may have to check its spectrum)
and however much you paid for it , IT'S WORTH IT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back