3 Sinatra SACDs on MoFi in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mobile Fidelity just announced 4 new mono hybrid SACD titles for "The Chairman of the Board"....

Songs For Swingin' Lovers
A Swingin' Affair
Come Fly With Me
In The Wee Small Hours

I'm afraid there's going to be a long wait for these. The first batch that was supposed to come out in November isn't out yet and there's no release date. I have those on pre-order. I'm holding off on the new ones they announced. No need to give them my money five months ahead of time.

If anyone is interested, the first of the three initial Sinatra discs have shipped. “Where are you?” To me, it's an ideal representation of what capital records originally released back in 1957, but it's not as good as the remastered Nat King Cole issues from Analog Productions, since they went back to the source material and had Steve Hoffman remaster them. Still, it's a satisfying listen and sounds excellent. It's a quality product and I'm looking forward to all the other upcoming Sinatra releases, but it would be nice if mobile fidelity got their act together and actually assigned release dates for all of these and stuck to them.

Back