4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Lonely People" was the second single release from America's 1974 album Holiday. "Lonely People" reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100, the Peeks' only credited song to reach that chart's top 10, and was America's second number one on the Easy Listening chart, where it stayed for one week in February 1975."

Now, I'm really piss!!! if Rhino do not include the song in this release.

In this economy, I do not have to buy anything that do not deserve my hard earn money

Not as impressive a list as last time but i'll take all four. Sundown is the highlight. I'm not a big fan of The Spinners although I did buy the CD-4 back in the day, never played it much. America is an OK choice. I've never heard nor even heard of Charles Mingus. Jazz? It might prove to be a sleeper!
The Spinners title I think totally kills on the upbeat tracks including the hits. The tunes (a few) where they slow it down to the blues without the dynamic rhythms are less interesting to me . But I hear stunning vocal parts layered with amazing fidelity. Pure quad demo material if one likes R&B..

"Lonely People" was the second single release from America's 1974 album Holiday. "Lonely People" reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100, the Peeks' only credited song to reach that chart's top 10, and was America's second number one on the Easy Listening chart, where it stayed for one week in February 1975."

Now, I'm really piss!!! if Rhino do not include the song in this release.

In this economy, I do not have to buy anything that do not deserve my hard earn money
I hope this is just a misprint on the America blu-ray.
Of course it's on the disc. It plays and is included in the disc menu. I was joking about it being held.

Interesting change from the black and white color scheme of America's original showing to a red (or perhaps the spine is still black and white?) Not sure why they decided to go the red route.

92002-1695366729911.jpeg
91153-Screen-Shot-2023-08-30-at-4.53.53-PM.png

Yes it is hot and it is coming out on Quadio BD.
bloody hell... 🤯 i guarantee people are gonna go f-ing mad for Svengali when they hear the Quad! a few years back i demo'd it to a friend who was skeptical about Surround and after they picked their jaw up off the floor they started asking what other artists were also done the same way! 😅🤣

Interesting change from the black and white color scheme of America's original showing to a red (or perhaps the spine is still black and white?) Not sure why they decided to go the red route.

View attachment 96557View attachment 96558
the inner sleeve on the old CD-4 Quad LP of Holiday is that same shade of red as seen on the jewel case inner tray face (i.e. when the case is viewed from the front). the red spine will be for Sundown 🙂

Not as impressive a list as last time but i'll take all four. Sundown is the highlight. I'm not a big fan of The Spinners although I did buy the CD-4 back in the day, never played it much. America is an OK choice. I've never heard nor even heard of Charles Mingus. Jazz? It might prove to be a sleeper!

He's one of the jazz greats - like a Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Wayne Shorter, etc., from 1950's to his death.

Even Joni Mitchell did an album named Mingus in her jazz phase, paying tribute to his compositions. Check out Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, either by Mingus himself on the album Mingus Ah Um or Joni's Mingus. It's one of those compositions that gets covered by a lot of jazz musicians over decades.

Hope you enjoy it; Charles Mingus isn't a disposable, flash in the pan musician or artist, unlike so many pop/rock/hip hop artists ;)

This pick is a good one for jazz fans.

He's one of the jazz greats - like a Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Wayne Shorter, etc., from 1950's to his death.

Even Joni Mitchell did an album named Mingus in her jazz phase, paying tribute to his compositions. Check out Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, either by Mingus himself on the album Mingus Ah Um or Joni's Mingus. It's one of those compositions that gets covered by a lot of jazz musicians over decades.

Hope you enjoy it; Charles Mingus isn't a disposable, flash in the pan musician or artist, unlike so many pop/rock/hip hop artists ;)

This pick is a good one for jazz fans.
Don’t forget this guy also

Of course it's on the disc. It plays and is included in the disc menu. I was joking about it being held.

Thanks for the clarification. I hope Rhino fix the misprinted label before release day.

Only 3 titles for me in October,

- Holiday
- Sundown
- Spinners

Pass on Mingus, not my cup of tea.

Regards,

Last edited:
Back