A Clockwork Orange soundtrack (Quad or 5.1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranasakawa

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Has anyone seen or has a copy of A Clockwork Orange soundtrack in a multi Chanel format ?
This album sounds amazing in stereo and would sound even more spectacular in multi Chanel because of the dense use of synthesizers in the mix.

I believe there was a unreleased mix of this. Damn if I remember when and who, but i will do a check. If it is out there, it may not surface, seems to me it was a test type thing.

If you're referring to the complete soundtrack including source music, I'm not sure.

If you're referring to the score, Wendy Carlos herself has stated that nearly everything she's ever recorded either has an existing quad or 5.1 mix, or she recorded it with that in mind for the future. She's actually a pretty big surround supporter, she just hated the SQ format.

http://www.wendycarlos.com/discnotes.html#SOBinquad

Some info is here, but there's more elsewhere on her site where, if memory serves, she talks a bit more about the process of mixing SoB into Quad, how disappointed she was with the SQ version, her approach to surround mixing and how it fits into her workflow etc...

For what it's worth, I think she owns all of her music outright except for Tron and she likes surround, so if someone wanted to take the project on and could make it worth her while, it might actually happen. Big project, though.

Back