A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone shows up to the Quadio event and can ask a question, I'd like to know how much internal debate there is amongst the parties in charge of the project over what titles to pick. Also, do the people on the quadio team have basic free reign over what titles to pick, or is there more of a back and forth between them and upper management?

Reactions: Sam
Ok guys and girls - upcoming titles are:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners
3. Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
4. Charles Mingus - Mingus Moves

Them sounding rather great on $30,000 speakers too!

Lots to report, have some video clips!
Am in for all four. Thanks Quicksrt! And all should sound quite spectacular! Incidentally, HOLIDAY was engineered by Geoff Emerick and arranged and produced by none other than George Martin

Great music, great conversation… rumor has it, many titles yet to come.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpeg
    IMG_0487.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Mingus Moves I think because it’s so discreet and fresh to me. I'm a jazz fan as well as rock.

Sundown sounds staggeringly great, but the Spinners has those horns that are (already great) but very “alive” in quad.

Oh.. “Lonely People” is my fave America song, so I was happy about Holiday.

So a bit hard to say just yet

Last edited:
It was obvious that Rhino A&R is very proud that they can get these out to us, The strong titles and 24//192kHz transfers here on demo, says “audiophile” and general music fan.

It’s another four pack bundle of a well rounded out selections.

I got the impression that this is more likely than not for upcoming titles, four varied selections, Jazz being one of the selections again next. It’s a very forward looking series with even newly quad mixed titles in serious consideration. Certain artists' Hits collections created for the quad format could be in the running as well. They are looking at releasing as much as they can from over 100 quad mixed albums to choose from. Even reissuing a hot quad title previously out on AF is not off the table here - it’s simply they have enough material in the vaults they don’t need to redo any right now.

Last edited:

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners

I'm definitely buying the first three. Never heard of Charles Mingus but if they have a discount price for buying all four then I will get the Mingus one too.

It’s a very forward looking series with even newly quad mixed titles in serous consideration. Hits collections created for the quad format could be in the running as well. They are looking at releasing as much as they can from over 100 quad mixes to choose from. Even reissuing a hot quad title previously out on AF is not off the table here - it’s simply they have enough material in the vaults they don’t need to redo any right now.

Did we hear you right, they might consider new Quad mixes of vintage material? There are gaps in some artists’ material where they skipped a very popular title or never got a Quad mix.

But, I’m just hoping we all can get as many titles as possible, whatever we can get out of this vaults, while the getting is good. I’m definitely in for the bundle.

1. America -Holiday
2. Spinners

WOW!!

🤩🥳😍💗

as soon as these are up for sale, i'm in for all 4!! 🤩

Spinners Quadio in particular is dream come true stuff for me, it's one of the best Quad mixes i've ever heard but the whole batch is very strong and so totally different from the last bundle 💘🥰

thank you for the hot scoop info report from the event!! it is much appreciated 🤗😋

Back