A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never heard it in quad so I’d want to know whether or not the mix was relegated to Joni and the band in the front speakers and the audience in the rears. Of course, I’d still buy it anyway because it’s Joni in quad!
Yeah, it'd be interesting to hear how the (unreleased) quad compares with Ken Caillat's new Atmos mix. The soundstage of the Atmos version is a bit more interesting than your typical 'band upfront, audience/ambience behind' style, some of the guitar and keyboard parts are pushed out towards the back of the room.

A rock title from the quad checklist I don’t see mentioned often is Miami from the James Gang. While I wish there was a quad of Bang, Miami would be an easy purchase for me.
I wish that "Straight Shooter" and "Passin' Through" had quad versions. Both were recorded at Quadraphonic Sound Studios. No Command Quadraphonic release DAMN!

The duo of Domenic Troiano and Roy Kenner were almost as good as Joe Walsh. Both were in the band "Bush" they did the original (and best) version of "I Can Hear You Calling" later covered by Three Dog Night.

Stanley Clarke - any - got excited, saw a 4 channel master for School Days - but it was a session reel, not a master.
Might be worth going through the School Days session reel boxes and making sure the tapes did not get switched or mislabeled - wrong boxes decades ago. If that is possible without playing every tape.

Well, I think it's still great to know what was not found at all. Then we can move on mentally to real possibilities.

Heck, someone good could be hired to mix "School Days" into quad if all the session multis are there.

We can be glad for rare unissued Foghat, Geils, Joni, and that stunning "Spectrum" which we think is heading for reissue a bit later.

Oh, I think we've already had a few nods and winks regarding those two over the past year or so....
image0-2.gif

I may have missed this - IIRC, there are 5 Carly Simon Quad mixed albums (includes the Greatest hits album), could all of these albums be put on one Blu-ray audio disc and sold for ~$60 to ~$70?

Kirk Bayne

I may have missed this - IIRC, there are 5 Carly Simon Quad mixed albums (includes the Greatest hits album), could all of these albums be put on one Blu-ray audio disc and sold for ~$60 to ~$70?

Kirk Bayne
Umm, no.

Back