A word about the King Crimson DVD-A's that are about to come out

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got a note from Amazon (USA). Lizard now delayed until Dec. 11th. Has there been a recall?

I have been ordering direct from Burning Shed for the last 3 years and have always received my orders to my home in Connecticut in a timely, well packaged manner. Pre-ordering helps alot - if you can deal with the fact that they ding your credit card immediately upon pre-order. No problems at all - and I have had all 3 of the KC titles in hand for almost 2 weeks now. Pricing while not necessarily the lowest seems fairly competitive - even with the freight factored in. (y)

Me to. They have been fast and reliable on all the orders I have made with them. I'm not sure why anyone would even consider Amazon as an alternative for any disc available from Burning Shed. Even the price is competitive.

Thank goodness for this forum - I was on the fence about these releases, but I just ordered the first album and Lizard from Burning Shed. I haven't purchased any new surround discs in a while so I'm really looking forward to these. Never heard of Burning Shed before I saw this thread so hopefully they'll deliver as many have written. Wow - I haven't been this excited about any 5.1 releases in a LONG time! Cheers!
---------- Chris

Chris,

I'll echo the sentiments expressed by others - Burning Shed provide fantastic service and support for decent prices...I'm certain you'll be happy with your dealings with them (and check out some of the other artists on their site - some great stuff there!)

I've been collecting vinyl for a long time but only take a few bands to the ridiculous level, Crimson being one of them. At last count I have 96 KC LP's (imports, white labels, sealed 1st pressings, half-speeds, etc.) Not even counting the 45's and CD's. Shall I call the men in white coats?

Rick

hello...
is anyone having trouble navigating the King Crimson DVD-A menu's with an Oppo BDP-83?
I have the latest firmware update.
I can not get around the menus, it's like the on screen indicator button is placed on step below each menu option.
So, if I press 'extras' for example - I get 'credits' which is listed beneath that item.
A big reason I upgraded my player from a Sony SACD/DVD only deck was to enjoy King Crimson full lossless DVD-A.
I had gaps between tracks on my Sony, but could navigate the menus.
I can do gapless DVD-A now, but can not access the disc extras!
I am a little frustrated...
no problems with any of the other discs I tested on the Oppo.
can any experts here offer help?

I preordered Red from Burningshed when it was first available to do so and I had a problem with my shipping address so it was sent to California and then all the way back to the UK. Burning Shed contacted me shortly thereafter and let me know that they wanted me to supply them with a new shipping address and offered to ship it again at no extra charge (y). With this level of customer service I immediately canceled my order with Amazon for Lizard and ITCOTKC and switched it to Burning Shed no matter how long I have to wait.:sun:banana:

I updated my Oppo BDP-83. It hung up a few times on the Lizard disc. After I put in another DVD-A disc, the problem was solved. I can access the extras, no problem. I am a little concerned that everything didn't go smoothly. We will see.

OK, I think I figured it out...
some of the on-screen buttons that select titles/features become invisible.
If I toggle screen resolutions, I can get some of them to appear partially.
these discs are a little wacky, but at least the sound and mixes are excellent.

Playback of Red and Lizard DVDAs have been absolutely trouble free on the Samsung and Kenwood changer. Waiting on the Court box set.....

Further info on the above issue, this was a display problem via component output.
I connected to my display via HDMI & I can now navigate the menus correctly.
I was not using HDMI before because I was awaiting the cable length I needed, which arrived in today's mail.
These SOUND amazing & are packed with so many features.
A real dream come true for King Crimson fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back