A word about the King Crimson DVD-A's that are about to come out

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Have I shame the post office is on strike :(:(:(

Might get it next week !!!

I didn't realize that. I remember the same thing a few years back with some Porcupine Tree DVD-A's from Burning Shed. The discs though only took 3 days so they must have cleared the UK postal service before the strike started. When did the strike start?

So Have I shame the post office is on strike :(:(:(

Might get it next week !!!

It says the strike starts on Friday? If so, this is the same situation as last time this happened to me and the discs cleared the UK before the strike started so I actually got them quite quickly. I guess we will see.

It says the strike starts on Friday? If so, this is the same situation as last time this happened to me and the discs cleared the UK before the strike started so I actually got them quite quickly. I guess we will see.

Thursday and Friday but staggered, so 'Posties' out on Friday, but the behind the sorting offices are out Thursday.

while I have a degree of sympathy for their plight i dont agree with teh methods employed by teh Communicatiosn workers union. And the government has a big part to play as they deregulated the business in the first place allowing other companies to 'cherry pick' the money making part of the business while not insisteing on those businesses provideing the universal service that the Royal Mail provide. the part of teh business which subsidised the losses making lanes.

Let me get back on topic now Looking forward to lizard and then the next tranch of releases mind you March is a long way away but it does make commercial sense to wait untill people have money in their pockets post christmas.
I notice Steven Wilson does not relase much in teh first Quarter of the years as well. i guess thats when he catches up on his sleep !

I was by there this morning and all the posts were gone. He now has a "farewell" message posted.

That's a shame.

I'm planning on getting all three as they come out...but from the local guy.
The store owner is a KC fan and I figure I have no problem throwing a couple extra bucks his way to get them in stock rather than going the online route. Support Your Brick and Mortar! John S. ;)
That's SUCH a nice thought. it really is.

I pretty much cleaned up the last 10 SACDs/DVD-As in my local shop's stock a year ago! It would cost me too to have new discs ordered in though, due to import cost :/. I'll miss the experience of hunting for an SACD or DVD-A disc....online just doesn't have the charm, does it. But it's where our hobby has headed.

Yes, that wave passed by about 2 years ago....last of the DVD-As being found at Borders or music shops. However, my local dealer can order these from his distributor and if I pay an extra $2 a disc I don't mind if it helps keep him in business. He does get quad LPs in and accepts my trade-ins! ;) John

Misery, thy name is Amazon.

"We regret the CD "Lizard" will not ship on the date previously stated yadda yadda yadda...." Their current guestimation for shipping is sometime prior to the next ice age. That or maybe Nov 10 or MAYBE Nov 17 (original ship date was Oct 24, then they shifted it to Oct 26), but I have a dollar that says I will get another e-mail before that telling me about another delay.

If anyone hears (feels) a subsonic thumping sound, it's just me pounding my noggin on the floor.

Tell me about it. Still waiting for ITCOTCK here in the USA. Nov. 10th! Argh....

What are you guys paying for them? I pre-ordered all three for $65 from Burning Shed. In the past amazon came in quite a bit cheaper and this time I was going to wait...

What are you guys paying for them? I pre-ordered all three for $65 from Burning Shed. In the past amazon came in quite a bit cheaper and this time I was going to wait...
$15.90 USD at burningshed.com seems to like the best price around. Amazon wants $19.99 each.

cdpacific.com often has the best price on SACDs that are still available, but their search tool and descriptions are poor. They have some KC "CDs" available for pre-order at $18.39. I cannot tell if these are the DVDAs or not.

I have been ordering direct from Burning Shed for the last 3 years and have always received my orders to my home in Connecticut in a timely, well packaged manner. Pre-ordering helps alot - if you can deal with the fact that they ding your credit card immediately upon pre-order. No problems at all - and I have had all 3 of the KC titles in hand for almost 2 weeks now. Pricing while not necessarily the lowest seems fairly competitive - even with the freight factored in. (y)

Burning Shed delivered the 3 for me in 10 days to Australia. The protective packaging is welcome also (bubbled, boxed and then bagged). Certainly will be going back to them for the rest of the KC and "The Incident" disc/s next year.

I did receive mine from burning shed in great time (Red and ITCOTCK) just two days ago! I am not quite sure when they arrived as I was out of the country in Cancun Mexico on holiday. Worst case scenario would be less than two weeks. Burning shed has not let me down yet!
The two above, delivered to my door from the UK was $41.00 US. Not too shabby.

Now, I will finally sit down and absorb what all of you have been raving about.:smokin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back