Adding a 5:th speaker

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this is the way i understand it. It is doable but a bit tricky pairing the freewheeling extra speaker with the four channels from the amp. But absolutely true: I would not like to throw out the Marantz. Sounds great. Looks great.
Self powered speakers are the kind of thing you can throw as many $$ at (or for you, I guess SEK's) as you want. Yes I'm thinking Genelec. But I just found a nifty Yamaha self powered speaker that has some good points. For example Bi-amped, adjustable input level, and some frequency tailoring that would help it blend in acoustically. It's a rather small 5" 2 way but I imagine your corner speakers would do the heavy lifting. You can buy them in singles at only $200 American.

When using the SM you can adjust the center front level on that unit but playing something discrete from your Oppo or Marantz you would need to adjust the level by reaching around the back of the cabinet. In use I bet you can find a basic one size fits all & for the most part leave it alone.

Have fun shopping!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HS5--yamaha-hs5-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

Self powered speakers are the kind of thing you can throw as many $$ at (or for you, I guess SEK's) as you want. Yes I'm thinking Genelec. But I just found a nifty Yamaha self powered speaker that has some good points. For example Bi-amped, adjustable input level, and some frequency tailoring that would help it blend in acoustically. It's a rather small 5" 2 way but I imagine your corner speakers would do the heavy lifting. You can buy them in singles at only $200 American.

When using the SM you can adjust the center front level on that unit but playing something discrete from your Oppo or Marantz you would need to adjust the level by reaching around the back of the cabinet. In use I bet you can find a basic one size fits all & for the most part leave it alone.

Have fun shopping!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HS5--yamaha-hs5-5-inch-powered-studio-monitor

Yes, this is pretty much what I had in mind! Think I may need that frequency tailoring as my other four will be Pioneer HPM 40…

Thanks again Sonic Wiz!

Back