ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love OPPO, and I love their service. I am SO going to miss them....here is my love letter from them I received earlier today about my beloved BDP-103 repair... :)

Dear Gene,
We have received your OPPO product for repair per RMA # (GOS is blocking this actual number) and are currently working on it. Your product will be tested for the described problem, repaired, and tested again. Additionally, your product will be cleaned and the latest official firmware installed. Typical turnaround time is 1 to 2 business days, depending on the problem. When we ship your product back (with signature requirement), you will receive a shipment notification e-mail with tracking information.
We regret that your OPPO product required service. However, we hope that you are completely satisfied with your service experience. If you have any questions about this return, you may contact us by replying to this e-mail. When contacting us, please reference your RMA number for faster service.
Best Regards,
Customer Service

Supreme Service, Gene. We are ALL going to miss OPPO. A Class Act all the way. In the meantime, are you enjoying your 203?

Yes I am! It’s another fine piece of art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love OPPO, and I love their service. I am SO going to miss them....here is my love letter from them I received earlier today about my beloved BDP-103 repair... :)

Dear Gene,
We have received your OPPO product for repair per RMA # (GOS is blocking this actual number) and are currently working on it. Your product will be tested for the described problem, repaired, and tested again. Additionally, your product will be cleaned and the latest official firmware installed. Typical turnaround time is 1 to 2 business days, depending on the problem. When we ship your product back (with signature requirement), you will receive a shipment notification e-mail with tracking information.
We regret that your OPPO product required service. However, we hope that you are completely satisfied with your service experience. If you have any questions about this return, you may contact us by replying to this e-mail. When contacting us, please reference your RMA number for faster service.
Best Regards,
Customer Service
I love replying to myself.....lmao

So, OPPO has already repaired (replaced optical unit, cleaned, tested) and shipped it. I'll have it this coming Saturday...woo-effing-hoo! I may have to celebrate by ripping a few discs.

I love replying to myself.....lmao

So, OPPO has already repaired (replaced optical unit, cleaned, tested) and shipped it. I'll have it this coming Saturday...woo-effing-hoo! I may have to celebrate by ripping a few discs.

If I were you, Gene, I'd get rip roaring drunk instead and SPIN a few discs. That's what OPPOs do Best! And now the 203 has a baby sister.......the 103! :ROFLMAO:this calls for a PINK champagne toast!

Reactions: GOS
As some of you may know, there is a Quad 3 LP set from the 70's titled A Lot of People Would Like To See Armand Schaubroeck...DEAD. My question is the following. The gentleman is still living. So many years later, do people still want to see him dead and if so, are we talking about fewer people? about the same number of people? or more people? I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and it's something I'd like to know. Oh, one other question for you. Are you amongst those who would like to see him dead and if so, could you share your reasons? He must have made a lot of people angry of the years. Maybe he steals girlfriends, or cars, or favourite dogs or he's really means to people's mothers. What is the trigger for this behaviour?

As some of you may know, there is a Quad 3 LP set from the 70's titled A Lot of People Would Like To See Armand Schaubroeck...DEAD. My question is the following. The gentleman is still living. So many years later, do people still want to see him dead and if so, are we talking about fewer people? about the same number of people? or more people? I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and it's something I'd like to know. Oh, one other question for you. Are you amongst those who would like to see him dead and if so, could you share your reasons? He must have made a lot of people angry of the years. Maybe he steals girlfriends, or cars, or favourite dogs or he's really means to people's mothers. What is the trigger for this behaviour?

Since that was one of his titles...from his band Armand Schaubroeck Steals...probably nobody...just like another of his works...ratfucker...probably isn't any clue into the man's sexual preferences:ROFLMAO:

I came across this conference, with a talk by Darcy Proper

a1b94694-95a4-451c-ae90-083fc4fd1306.png

Where?

AES UK Mastering Conference 2018 (AES:UKMC’18) is hosted by the University of Westminster at their Regent St campus in Central London. London is at the heart of the UK and Europe’s music industry, providing a thriving network of creative artists and technology innovators, as well as being the focal point of the music industry’s business economy. Being hosted in London enables some of the world’s most innovative individuals and organisations to engage with the conference and share discussions around mastering.

When?

The two day conference is taking place on 22nd-23rd September and will bring together practitioners, manufacturers, producers, academics and enthusiasts to discuss and share concepts, ideas and practices in mastering with each other.

Programme

Keynote Speakers:
Darcy Proper (Mastering Engineer), Mike Cave (Mastering Engineer at Loft Mastering), Crispin Herrod Taylor (Crookwood), David Bell (Whitemark), Guenter Loibl (Rebeat)

Panels / Q&A:
Q & A with Mandy Parnell hosted by Katie Tavini, Q & A Panel hosted by Robert Toulson

Sponsor Technical Paper Presentation:
Bob Stuart (MQA), Roger Roschnik (PSI Audio (AVAA)), Jody Thorne (Prism Sound)

Technical Paper Presentation:
Friedemann Tischmeyer, Mike Exarchos (aka Stereo Mike), Rob Toulson, Justin Paterson & Russ Hepworth-Sawyer, Magdalena Piotrowska, Andrew Bourbon, Alexander Hinksman, Stephen Bruel.

To access the full schedule visit the website.

For anyone wishing to acquire some amazing sounding music from The Association, I invite you to get one of these, or both.

I've purchased their Greatest Hits download (96/24) on Acoustic Sounds and I think it sounds great. I have not heard their other Hi-Res downloads, but I'd venture to say they would also sound pretty neat.

On compact disc, the revelation comes from a 2Fer which features two of their early albums. Pear Records was releasing budget comps and in 90% of the times they would struck gold and have access to low generation masters which means that you should overlook the dodgy artwork and buy their releases for the sound. Here's the one for The Association and you will not regret getting it, I kid you not. The good news is that you can get it for cheap. :) Here's the amazon.com link should you not wish to use Discogs (you should though).

R-1539352-1227003909.jpeg.jpg

I've had this on my Amazon wishlist for a while, the first five albums in replica jackets.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FJ2UKDK/
Always liked the stonehenge cover, even if Ten Years After did it first.

Their '67 Monterey Festival live tracks were a revelation.
They blew a lot of the hippie bands off the stage because they were such a seasoned, tight live unit.

81rBNHrbUoL._SL1210_.jpg

I'm watching one of those Rock Legend shows on AXS Channel about Rush...titled 2112 and Moving Pictures....very interesting...check it out if you can...

According to the internet(and you know they are always perfect) the AXS channel is available on these US platforms.....Directv-340....Dish-167....Verizon Fios-569.... AT&T U-Verse-1106...Comcast(Philadelphia)- 897

After watching that show about Rush...my first thoughts were of my favorite Rush song... Tom Sawyer....I've heard that song so much...and I'm still not tired of it...I'm just amazed that it didn't chart higher when it was released...it's still a constant on every classic radio show....that growling synth sound at the beginning of the song still grabs me by the throat and compels me to listen...this song could have fit right in the 60's music scene....needless to say...when you are stoned and hear that growling sound....wow...hard to explain....it reminds me of the intro to Snowblind by Styx(y)

Back