ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've heard. I've been so busy I really haven't had the chance to watch this brilliant Amy Adam's drama. Perhaps I'll buy the BD~Vs when they're released and savor each and every episode.

Yes defo should. And she’s also really good in Arrival... Seen that a couple of times now!

Should be released for Xmas?
Can binge watch whilst binging on popcorn and Costco hotdogs! :p

Yes defo should. And she’s also really good in Arrival... Seen that a couple of times now!

Should be released for Xmas?
Can binge watch whilst binging on popcorn and Costco hotdogs! :p

Popcorn and Costco DOGS...........?????????

For Xmas, I'll be binging on pheasant under glass and Cristal, Mr. Smithers, binge watching Ms Adam's emmy winning performance....and peasants wearing glasses smoking crystal meth!

Last edited:
Popcorn and Costco DOGS...........?????????

For Xmas, I'll be binging on pheasant under glass and Cristal, Mr. Smithers, binge watching Ms Adam's emmy winning performance....and peasants wearing glasses smoking crystal meth!

Haha! Sounds like a new version of Trading Places.... Will Darling Diana be joining you for these sumptuous festivities? Don’t forget Prostitute Mickey in the season of good will... You can play them some Imagine and Big Pink, and maybe even open up a box of doobies?!

Haha! Sounds like a new version of Trading Places.... Will Darling Diana be joining you for these sumptuous festivities? Don’t forget Prostitute Mickey in the season of good will... You can play them some Imagine and Big Pink, and maybe even open up a box of doobies?!

Unfortunately, Mr.Smithers, Prostitute Mickey contracted an STD and won't be joining us. As for Ms Ross.....she'll be spending the holidays with the surviving members of the Supremes. And if ALL goes well, I'll be celebrating a WHITE CHRISTMAS listening to the FAB FOUR's WHITE ALBUM with an ultra conservative remix by the fifth Beatle's offspring......Giles!

Unfortunately, Mr.Smithers, Prostitute Mickey contracted an STD and won't be joining us. As for Ms Ross.....she'll be spending the holidays with the surviving members of the Supremes. And if ALL goes well, I'll be celebrating a WHITE CHRISTMAS listening to the FAB FOUR's WHITE ALBUM with an ultra conservative remix by the fifth Beatle's offspring......Giles!

Oh dear what a silly Mickey, Walt would be most disappointed...

Ah yes The White Album! This could be one of the greatest years if that gets released as well! Maybe a couple more D-V’s as well? I better get writing to Santa!

Oh dear what a silly Mickey, Walt would be most disappointed...

Ah yes The White Album! This could be one of the greatest years if that gets released as well! Maybe a couple more D-V’s as well? I better get writing to Santa!

And don't forget the Dust Mites' stirring acapella version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer......except they ate the nose! Oh Dear!

copy-of-small-pin-the-nose-rudolph1.jpg

Last edited:
af17e7db37b4a0598a529cf763ebea91.jpg

Listening to some 70’s music via AmazonPrime..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A man who knows how to relax...............…. Red Wine and 70s music.....................mind you after your eventful journey you need to
- my last disaster trip for work only added 2.5hrs from the airport to home, so I'd been wake for close to 24hrs by the time I got home!

A man who knows how to relax...............…. Red Wine and 70s music.....................mind you after your eventful journey you need to
- my last disaster trip for work only added 2.5hrs from the airport to home, so I'd been wake for close to 24hrs by the time I got home!

Just pour yourself a glass of RED RED WINE, DUNC and go to sleep listening to some chill out muzak!

I love music trivia....so many times I learn stuff I didn't know. I was reading about "one hit wonders" and of course, the band ACE is one of them. Paul Carrack wrote and sang vocals on their big hit "How Long"

After ACE broke up in late'ish 70's, Carrack played keyboards on Roxy Music last 3 albums.
OK, then also notably, he joined Squeeze (replaced Jools Holland on keyboards!!) and sang lead on one of their big hits... "Tempted"

Then around 1985, Carrack was asked to join Mike & The Mechanics...and he sang lead vocal on one of their great songs (IMO) " Silent Running "

Then Carrack went back to his solo career...scored a pretty big hit in 1987 with "Don't Shed a Tear"

Then, back with Mike & The Mechanics, 1989 a huge hit - "The Living Years" Man, Carrack has a very storied career....all mostly starting with Ace...

And....Carrack co-wrote a great tune that you all know, from Hell Freezes Over. "Love Will Keep Us Alive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw5WIjwcO-I

Let’s see if my cutting and pasting skills are up to par....

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=266-MD-CD

I think that’s it!

An audio engineer captured some great jazz radio broadcasts to disc in the 30s and 40s featuring Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Coleman Hawkins (I think). It’s on back order now so hopefully they will reissue on the promised timeline of late September. Fingers crossed.

Edit: It’s called The Savory Collection, based on the last name of the audio engineer.

Let’s see if my cutting and pasting skills are up to par....

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=266-MD-CD

I think that’s it!

An audio engineer captured some great jazz radio broadcasts to disc in the 30s and 40s featuring Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Benny Goodman, Coleman Hawkins (I think). It’s on back order now so hopefully they will reissue on the promised timeline of late September. Fingers crossed.

Edit: It’s called The Savory Collection, based on the last name of the audio engineer.
Hey man - every time I see your avatar, I think there is a dog licking your right ear.......is that what it is? lol!

I love music trivia....so many times I learn stuff I didn't know. I was reading about "one hit wonders" and of course, the band ACE is one of them. Paul Carrack wrote and sang vocals on their big hit "How Long"

After ACE broke up in late'ish 70's, Carrack played keyboards on Roxy Music last 3 albums.
OK, then also notably, he joined Squeeze (replaced Jools Holland on keyboards!!) and sang lead on one of their big hits... "Tempted"

Then around 1985, Carrack was asked to join Mike & The Mechanics...and he sang lead vocal on one of their great songs (IMO) " Silent Running "

Then Carrack went back to his solo career...scored a pretty big hit in 1987 with "Don't Shed a Tear"

Then, back with Mike & The Mechanics, 1989 a huge hit - "The Living Years" Man, Carrack has a very storied career....all mostly starting with Ace...

And....Carrack co-wrote a great tune that you all know, from Hell Freezes Over. "Love Will Keep Us Alive"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw5WIjwcO-I

Also of note...on the hit song How Long by Ace....the song itself wasn't about a romantic encounter with another partner...it was about the bass player from the Band moonlighting with another band and the band members in Ace didn't like it...now that is something that I didn't know until recently...that song was number 9 on the greatest one hit wonders show on AXS...and of course ACE has a special meaning to you and Mrs. Gos...a stray cat that entered your life and became a faithful companion(y)...a dog inside a cat's body

Also of note...on the hit song How Long by Ace....the song itself wasn't about a romantic encounter with another partner...it was about the bass player from the Band moonlighting with another band and the band members in Ace didn't like it...now that is something that I didn't know until recently...that song was number 9 on the greatest one hit wonders show on AXS...and of course ACE has a special meaning to you and Mrs. Gos...a stray cat that entered your life and became a faithful companion(y)...a dog inside a cat's body
Yep, and we still have her ashes in a little brown box on our dresser.

Back