ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just finished watching ERIC CLAPTON: LIFE IN 12 BARS....a lengthy show about Clapton's life...good and bad...mostly bad...I was surprised to see how closely he followed Jim Morrison's decline....I guess because a lot of it was in the UK I wasn't aware of it....but his drunken episodes at concerts certainly reminded me of Jim's behavior...I guess I really didn't know much about him at all...the show is very candid and raw in a lot of scenes but it also tries to play the victim card way too much...I knew about his obsession with his best friend's(George Harrison) wife...but all these other women he used was a total surprise...and at the end of the piece... when he's smiling with his current wife and family just wasn't the Hallmark Card ending I would have expected...

Steve Martin with banjo..or whatever in 1969
8abe59e0fd3123162480507f28018c23.jpg

Whoa! For the last 2 days...my laptop acted like it was dead. It forced a restart....something about updates. Then it went black. I tried to turn it back on....only the keyboard would light up.....the screen black. Over and over and over. Just now, I tried to force restart and it magically turned on. Holy effing shit.....I seriously thought it was dead. I don't pretend to understand it...but if you do a google on DELL laptops that have keyboards lit....but screen blank....you will see TONS of complaints. I don't get it....but I think I've survived and now back on my Dell. Dodged a curveball...

Whoa! For the last 2 days...my laptop acted like it was dead. It forced a restart....something about updates. Then it went black. I tried to turn it back on....only the keyboard would light up.....the screen black. Over and over and over. Just now, I tried to force restart and it magically turned on. Holy effing shit.....I seriously thought it was dead. I don't pretend to understand it...but if you do a google on DELL laptops that have keyboards lit....but screen blank....you will see TONS of complaints. I don't get it....but I think I've survived and now back on my Dell. Dodged a curveball...
My work Lenovo laptop does that from time to time, do you run Bit Locker disc encryption?

And...just to further talk to myself...I bought this new from BBuy going on a year this December. I've had nothing but trouble with it....even been back to Dell for a total overhaul......of course...now it's out of warranty...and I never did buy a square trade on it back then. So, this is one of the few times an extended warranty would have likely paid off for me.

And...just to further talk to myself...I bought this new from BBuy going on a year this December. I've had nothing but trouble with it....even been back to Dell for a total overhaul......of course...now it's out of warranty...and I never did buy a square trade on it back then. So, this is one of the few times an extended warranty would have likely paid off for me.
And one more thing Gos....I just found while looking at Square Trade...that I bought an extended 3 year warranty for my Denon. lmao! I totally forgot I did that.

No, never heard of that one Duncan.
At boot up it asks you for your password, then starts Windows etc., except that sometimes it doesn't and boots with a blank screen. Bit Locker stops anyone who steals your laptop from getting at the data, hence why its on a work laptop, I don't have it on my personal laptop & PC.

ZZ Top - 1970
When in high school as a 17-year old, I wrote a weekly music column for the local paper ($1.25 a column; half an album then!). Sure, the pay sucked, but, by using the letterhead of the paper, I wrote to Atlantic Records, Columbia, etc., offering to review albums. A gamble, and boy did it pay off! No payola, sigh, but I received items like TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS pre-release -- didn't impress dates, but the local guys were in awe :phones -- Firesign Theater's THE TALE OF THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA, Clapton's Miami album (with press photos, no less), the latest Rolling Stones, etc.

I also used my mighty credentials (please excuse the smell of pimple cream) to interview bands that came through. We were a pit stop, but I did manage to interview and tape on cassette a couple of bands including ZZ Top backstage . . . they were real kind to me, in fact, they invited me to go to Mexico with them (mom said NO, :mad: and was probably right!). I had the cassette tapes for this but they degraded to uselessness over the years. One memorable time I brought a tape recorder to a T. Rex show in Mobile, and while I didn't get an interview, I recorded parts of it (badly, unfortunately, or else I'd be retired now :confused:). On another occasion a buddy and I were ushered inside to see Elton John for free. So, yes, the pay sucked -- but :rocks

When in high school as a 17-year old, I wrote a weekly music column for the local paper ($1.25 a column; half an album then!). Sure, the pay sucked, but, by using the letterhead of the paper, I wrote to Atlantic Records, Columbia, etc., offering to review albums. A gamble, and boy did it pay off! No payola, sigh, but I received items like TALES FROM TOPOGRAPHIC OCEANS pre-release -- didn't impress dates, but the local guys were in awe :phones -- Firesign Theater's THE TALE OF THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA, Clapton's Miami album (with press photos, no less), the latest Rolling Stones, etc.

I also used my mighty credentials (please excuse the smell of pimple cream) to interview bands that came through. We were a pit stop, but I did manage to interview and tape on cassette a couple of bands including ZZ Top backstage . . . they were real kind to me, in fact, they invited me to go to Mexico with them (mom said NO, :mad: and was probably right!). I had the cassette tapes for this but they degraded to uselessness over the years. One memorable time I brought a tape recorder to a T. Rex show in Mobile, and while I didn't get an interview, I recorded parts of it (badly, unfortunately, or else I'd be retired now :confused:). On another occasion a buddy and I were ushered inside to see Elton John for free. So, yes, the pay sucked -- but :rocks
Stories like this are priceless....I wish more members would open up about all these great experiences.

700a800cb4f1abd7baee12c97564f821.jpg

Rock!!! Excellent DR.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Late last year I bought a whole bunch of Van Halen remastered RBCDs from Amazon when they were priced at between $6 ~8. ALL sound GREAT but would be better if they were ALL 5.1 HI RES!

Reactions: GOS
Late last year I bought a whole bunch of Van Halen remastered RBCDs from Amazon when they were priced at between $6 ~8. ALL sound GREAT but would be better if they were ALL 5.1 HI RES!
I know....Van Halen is such an important band.....it is criminal that there isn't an effort to release some high quality surround.......it's as if they fell off the earth. Ugh.....

Back