ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
thanks to @Sonik Wiz i've been checking out
View attachment 53324
on anime-planet.com GREAT storyline so far & JAZZ soundtrack!
Bravo @Clement for giving it a chance! Somewhere buried in the forum is a post I did about music themed anime. This was one of them. The character designs are not the usual big eyes/small mouth cutesy stuff that's so common. Agreed the story line is great but as I watched the next to last episode I thought Hmmm I don't really see a story arc towards closure. But the last episode was a bombshell, it gave me watery eyes...

For the anime fan the certain hook was the pairing of Shinichiro Wantanabe & Yoko Kanno together again since Cowboy Bebop. For those that have a spare minute & a half today give a listen to the theme from Bebop called Tank, performed by Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts::

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Bravo @Clement for giving it a chance! Somewhere buried in the forum is a post I did about music themed anime. This was one of them. The character designs are not the usual big eyes/small mouth cutesy stuff that's so common. Agreed the story line is great but as I watched the next to last episode I thought Hmmm I don't really see a story arc towards closure. But the last episode was a bombshell, it gave me watery eyes...

For the anime fan the certain hook was the pairing of Shinichiro Wantanabe & Yoko Kanno together again since Cowboy Bebop. For those that have a spare minute & a half today give a listen to the theme from Bebop called Tank, performed by Yoko Kanno & The Seatbelts::

Wherever that post is--that was the one--i've had it in my mind to watch Kids on the Slope ever since you posted. Couldn't agree more about the storyline--couldn't sleep again last night and watched episodes 8-12! Great closure and all set up throughout the series! And thanks for the reminder about Cowboy Bebop--just checked my Blu-rays and they are 5.1!!!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
fun with acronyms for today's amazon music elliptical adventure: BAD MU-THAA!
1593614731762.png

Big Audio Dynamite's Music Unites--Transcending Hate And Anger!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

Clint Eastwood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I remember walking into this small high end audio store in the 80's...I hear this song playing in the distance...so I wander back and I'm seeing it on a TV monitor...but the sound is good...so this sales type comes up to me...pencil thin mustache...hair slicked back...and he says..."whadda you think"...so I say.."what is it"....the dude pauses...then he said..."the future"...at that point I give him the side eye...then he says...VHS-HI FI....

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
DJ EVIL VINCE is spinning LIVE VINYL--it's a cure for the Summertime Blues! It's an all-American music show tonight!
1593830041258.png

Hey! He's spinning my avatar!
1593830486508.png

Last edited:

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
took a different tack for today's amazon music accompanying my elliptical endeavors
1593880835715.png

a minor masterpiece with the phenomenal Robert Fripp on guitar and production!

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

Clement

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter

Simon A

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
today's amazon music elliptical accompaniment was this masterpiece
View attachment 53671
I absolutely love this album. This is one on my Quad wish list. I ran it through the SurroundMaster and it opens it up nicely. I like pairing this album with Bobby Hutcherson's San Francisco released the same year.