ALL ABOUT MUSIC #2 - Non Surround, Not Covered In Other Threads

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what the basic menu looks like as it is playing. So, DTS 96/24 Surround....

First song in...it's super warm sounding, excellent fidelity, super bass. For sure, this is not a crazy old school Quad surround mix. It's a very nice, clean mix. The Ledge sounds fun....

OK, I know I'm only 2 songs in - but I think this sounds great so far. First impression says it's never sounded this good and DTS surround to boot.

IMG_6263.jpg

I'll comment a little later as I progress through each song.

Here is what the basic menu looks like as it is playing. So, DTS 96/24 Surround....

First song in...it's super warm sounding, excellent fidelity, super bass. For sure, this is not a crazy old school Quad surround mix. It's a very nice, clean mix. The Ledge sounds fun....

OK, I know I'm only 2 songs in - but I think this sounds great so far. First impression says it's never sounded this good and DTS surround to boot.

View attachment 23478

I'll comment a little later as I progress through each song.

Tusk(the song)should be an interesting mix with the background instruments

Oh boy - Sara just started and I got some serious goose bumps....it just sounds outstanding. I don't think the rest of this disc will disappoint. I'm gonna say that this potentially sounds better than the Rumors disc....but, I need to not get ahead of myself...

So, I'm 8 songs in and so far the only song that fell short of the general quality of the other 7 was number 6...What Makes You Think You're The One. While it sounded OK, it just wasn't up to par with the other tunes. More later...

Mine arrived today too. (Surprisingly, UPS the whole way from England....and the tracking was all current and up to date. I knew to go check for it in my mailroom.) Just finished listening to it......and oh man......what a treat. The opening track "Over & Over" is sublime and as the rest of the album rolls on there aren't any real disappointments. "Beautiful Child" is stunning. "Tusk" is (as it should be) just insane. I agree with GOS, this thing sounds very nice and warm, I think this is the best I've ever heard it. You can really get lost inside this mix. This might be the release of 2015 for me. I'm sure I'll comment more after repeated listens but on first impression I am sure I will voting this one an easy 10.

Song 10, Sisters Of The Moon is a slow burning rocker...and sounds great. So, something of note - I will say this mix is not too discreet. I mean, there are moments here and there when I think a certain sound must be isolated to a speaker - but in general, what they are doing is spreading the vocals across all speakers. But, what they do is anchor it in the front by means of volume. It all comes together though as a solid surround mix. I guess I would say it might remind me a bit of Bryan Adams....you know...lots of sound from most all speakers and it can be cranked. But, the difference is in the warm sound and excellent bass. This one has Adams topped in that aspect. I am half way through and I am super happy with this and will say that it will get lots of spins. It sounds that good.

Brown Eyes - whoa......you can just get lost in the way this sounds. Clint will LOVE this one cause Christine sounds like she is surrounding you....killer. Fidelity is over the top good on this.

I'm rambling like a school girl now...but I can't help remember someone had commented on another thread about their first impressions were it sounded a bit muddy. Eh....let me promise you all - it's far from it. It's about as crystal clear as you could hope for. :) :)

OK - you've all been waiting.....

TUSK (the song) - OK, of course, they could have gone absolutely bat shit with this one and turned it into a Flaming Lips experience. They did not - regardless, it sounds impressive and it follows the same trend as all other songs. It sounds great.....not too flashy though.

I'm on the last song now. After all that I gotta say this is a superior sounding disc in terms of fidelity. The surround mix is super tasteful and well balanced. I think the focus is on the music, fidelity. Regardless, anyone who likes excellent sounding music and have it spread nicely across all speakers will not be disappointed. This is a clear cut winner!

Mine arrived today too. (Surprisingly, UPS the whole way from England....and the tracking was all current and up to date. I knew to go check for it in my mailroom.) Just finished listening to it......and oh man......what a treat. The opening track "Over & Over" is sublime and as the rest of the album rolls on there aren't any real disappointments. "Beautiful Child" is stunning. "Tusk" is (as it should be) just insane. I agree with GOS, this thing sounds very nice and warm, I think this is the best I've ever heard it. You can really get lost inside this mix. This might be the release of 2015 for me. I'm sure I'll comment more after repeated listens but on first impression I am sure I will voting this one an easy 10.

I'm curious about how you could track your item from amazon uk....the only tracking they provided me was that the item reached Surrey and nothing after that...the tracking number they provided was not a UPS number(I tried it on their website)..the tracking started with AEILTN..

I couldn't track mine. In fact, it said it would be delivered much later. In the end, it was dropped off by UPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about how you could track your item from amazon uk....the only tracking they provided me was that the item reached Surrey and nothing after that...the tracking number they provided was not a UPS number(I tried it on their website)..the tracking started with AEILTN..

The first tracking # they gave me (starting with AEILTN) I was able to track on i-parcel.com. When it cleared customs, they gave me a new tracking # (for UPS) that started with 1Z1AE. That # tracked it until it was delivered at my home.

The first tracking # they gave me (starting with AEILTN) I was able to track on i-parcel.com. When it cleared customs, they gave me a new tracking # (for UPS) that started with 1Z1AE. That # tracked it until it was delivered at my home.

Thanks!..I had never heard of i-parcel.com...I went on that site and my package hasn't cleared customs yet...I did provide my email addy for updates...so I tried to check on Idlewild South and amazon UK gave me the same tracking number for that one so they might have combined it...and Once Upon A Time hasn't cleared customs either....the discovery of this website certainly sheds some light on the delivery speed from amazon UK....Gos lives in Illinois and he already has a completed delivery and I live in Florida and still haven't even cleared customs yet and all these packages were mailed on the same day...it seems to me that I have been blaming amazon UK when it appears that the real problem might be with customs..

Thanks again for the i-parcel.com website information:)

For those of you who don't already have them SuperDeluxeEdition have highlighted the Pink Floyd DSOTM, WYWH, The Wall boxsets at around 60Euros/£44/$66

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/deal/deal-alert-pink-floyd-box-sets/#more-119091

https://www.jpc.de/s/pink+floyd+immersion?iampartner=ngc

That's definitely a very worthwhile price for at least the "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Wish You Were Here" box sets. High-Res Stereo, Quad, and 5.1 mixes all included along with other video extras, some also including the 5.1 mixes. :)

OK - you've all been waiting.....

TUSK (the song) - OK, of course, they could have gone absolutely bat shit with this one and turned it into a Flaming Lips experience. They did not - regardless, it sounds impressive and it follows the same trend as all other songs. It sounds great.....not too flashy though.

I'm on the last song now. After all that I gotta say this is a superior sounding disc in terms of fidelity. The surround mix is super tasteful and well balanced. I think the focus is on the music, fidelity. Regardless, anyone who likes excellent sounding music and have it spread nicely across all speakers will not be disappointed. This is a clear cut winner!

hey enjoyed reading your reporting as you were listening to the new 5.1 tusk as i won't hear my copy till Dec.25 I am enjoying reading what others are finding on their first listen.
Just a thought as I only looked here cause someone said in another spot that Gos is giving a glowing report on Tusk but maybe copy/paste your report on Tusk in the Tusk thread so others don't miss your findings.
Thanks for posting about it :)

hey enjoyed reading your reporting as you were listening to the new 5.1 tusk as i won't hear my copy till Dec.25 I am enjoying reading what others are finding on their first listen.
Just a thought as I only looked here cause someone said in another spot that Gos is giving a glowing report on Tusk but maybe copy/paste your report on Tusk in the Tusk thread so others don't miss your findings.
Thanks for posting about it :)

Done..good idea

Get them records OFF the stove! :D

And I believe Morrison's baritone voice would have preserved better than a tenor like Geddy's. "Back Door Man" is prolly my favorite Doors song. The bass line is outta sight!

Doug

Back