An update from me on my interest in quadraphonic sound.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeit

Hey people. I finally logged in again after a long while. Kind of missed this website to be honest since Google searches aren't really coming up with the goods for my search queries on quadraphonic sound. Anyway...

I recently acquired a Pioneer QX-8000A. Currently waiting for the speaker plugs for it to test it fully. Then it may require a check up by my electrician. I also have a Harman Kardon 50+ for sale on ebay at the moment, cheap... It could use a restoration. It's listed for parts or not working.

In other news, I've been thinking lately about possibly completing (at last) a quadraphonic mix of some of my music, most likely of my most recent album 'Primordial Buddha', which you can hear HERE: https://jonathanmorgan.bandcamp.com/

And finally, I was just looking into the concept of stereo seperation. I read on the specifications of my Rotel RX-154A receiver that its stereo seperation is 32db. Does that mean a maximum of 32db in just stereo mode, or does this apply to four speakers also in SQ mode? Still trying to understand this stuff, because I was experimenting with my Black Sabbath - Paranoid quadradisc through the Rotel SQ decoder.... I read on this website: http://www.4channelsound.com/cd-4.htm ... "Channel separation of 30-35db max can be matched by a good matrix decoder". I am just curious as to what level of resultant level quadraphonic effect is produced from a quadradisc playing through an SQ decoder with seperation of 32db, haha, if any! By the way, I AM already aware of a lot of the facts about CD-4.

Eventually, I'm probably going to set off onto the CD-4 mission so I can finally hear my Black Sabbath LP properly :)

Also, if you check up and fix quadraphonic receivers and you live in the UK, in or around the West Midlands then let me know please! I need contact with a good, dedicated technician. Thanks in advance.

And thanks for reading.

follow up to the link.

WHOA.....thank god i waked and baked - this fits perfectly with that...and two blues ...and a cup of coffee.

good show mate
cheers

Back