Andy Jackson solo album Signal To Noise incl. 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The preview sounds fantastic! Instant pre-order. BTW, it's listed on Amazon US now as an import, but as usual with imports, it's still cheaper to get it from the UK.

I've just e-mailed Cherry Red/Esoteric to see if they can remove the VAT for non-UK orders. I'll post if they reply, they usually do.

Why should the likes of amazon make all the profit, we need these independent labels who give us 4.0/5.1, so its better if they retain more of the cash.

We have the opposite problem in the UK, stuff coming gets taxed and then we're charged a handling fee by the courier which is normally way more than the VAT/import duty.

***WARNING***
***RANT ALERT***

Don't forget that Amazon not only dodge their Corporation tax but also most of the VAT as well by routing paperwork through beneficial tax shelters. Apparently the 15,000 workers in the UK warehousing/delivery operation are not really the ones doing the work - it's all in Ireland & Luxembourg apparently. Don't get me started on import fees either. The Post Office are on a right cash cow here. Item comes in, gets held for delivery whilst they mail you a demand for import tax, Handling Fee & VAT on top - it often doubles the price if not more. UPS as international delivery are the worst as they had to PO. FedEx are a little more expensive but worthwhile as they do the VAT thing & bill you for it instead and supply proper VAT invoices - the Post Office do not give these and claim they do not have to. All complaints are directed to HMRC, as "they levy the charge, we just collect it" but if you call HMRC they say to talk to the PO as they are the ones billing me.
I am now boycotting Amazon, and trying to always buy from the small independents now. Sod the extra couple of quid - Amazon get nothing more from me. Long Live Headphone Dust & Burning SHed.

Preview sounds very good indeed - can count me in for sure as well!

Hi Andy, Was the studio in the video with the audio excerpts, Dave Gilmour's houseboat studio?

Now that this album is finished and looking back on it...is there anything you would have done differently or might change in future projects..

That's a helluva question. Nothing & everything I think. I'm very happy with the album but I always want to do everything better. I keep sane by making the focus of 'better' on the next thing I do, try to keep evolving.

This one is 100% me, & i really fancy doing the next one as more of a band, ideally pretty live. That rather depends on having a space to do it in. Need to finish writing songs first though

Hi Andy,

Is the release date still on for Monday 24th? I'm looking forward to it having heard the taster released.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Andy,

Is the release date still on for Monday 24th? I'm looking forward to it having heard the taster released.

Cheers

Duncan

The following items have been sent:

1 x Andy Jackson - Signal To Noise - Deluxe Version (cd/dvd preorder)

burning shed limited | 8 white lodge, hall road, norwich, nr4 6dg, united kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1603 767726 | VAT No. 813 5829 24

www.burningshed.com

(Sorry ssully!) :)

Cherryred shipped mine today as well. Looking forward listening to the quad mix. I bet it'll have nothing to do with The Endless River mix (not a critic against TER, I think the mix suits the music perfectly)

I had an e-mail this afternoon from Cherry Red saying they'd shipped mine, so I'll get it on Monday I imagine, unless the Post is quicker than normal!

I had an e-mail this afternoon from Cherry Red saying they'd shipped mine, so I'll get it on Monday I imagine, unless the Post is quicker than normal!

+1 wish I had waited for the Burning Shed Signed version was not sure how many Cherry red were going to run, but I can live with a new Surround release without a signature

+1 wish I had waited for the Burning Shed Signed version was not sure how many Cherry red were going to run, but I can live with a new Surround release without a signature

Well it arrived from Cherry Red today and nice surprise it was signed. Thanks to all at CR and Andy Jackson

Now to find time to put into rotation

Mine arrived today from Cherry Red, and its signed, and its DVD-Audio :banana: Thanks to Andy & Cherry Red.

CCF22112014_0000.jpg
A nice big PCM logo!

Mine arrived today from Cherry Red, and its signed, and its DVD-Audio :banana: Thanks to Andy & Cherry Red.

Dying to see what you think of the mix. I really, really like the sounds of this disc.....(what I heard on youtube)
Does Cherry Red ship to US?????? Never heard of them.

Dying to see what you think of the mix. I really, really like the sounds of this disc.....(what I heard on youtube)
Does Cherry Red ship to US?????? Never heard of them.

I've just had a quick listen, and I like the mix. The main body of instruments are at the front, with lots of things going on in the rear speakers, front to rear echo, 'swirling' keys etc.. I found it quite 'spacious', my listening position is rear centre about 2/3 to 3/4 back from the front speakers. I particularly like the track "Brownian Motion".

Back