HiRez Poll Beck, Jeff - WIRED [SACD][JAPAN]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the SACD of Jeff Beck - WIRED

• Total voters

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
having compared the Japanese MultiCh SACD in 4-ch and 6-ch configuration to both a Q8 transfer and my own Surround Master decoded SQ LP needledrop, i believe the C & LFE on the SACD can be safely discarded without fear of adversely affecting the channel balances, EQ etc., of the surround sound.
What are we going to do next...take a nice Quad. and strip it down to stereo ???

Beefalo

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Living the high life..Bungalow Ranch Style. SoCal
Beefalo said:
What are we going to do next...take a nice Quad. and strip it down to stereo ???
I see it as just de-cluttering redundant information in the fronts that helps to bring things into clearer focus overall. That's why I like 4.x because of stuff like this.
My tastes have definitely changed in the last several months. I usually prefer a discrete quad over 5.1 now.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The Sony SACD of Wired has the quad mix, but the Analogue Productions SACD does not correct?

JediJoker

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
The Sony SACD of Wired has the quad mix, but the Analogue Productions SACD does not correct?
I don't know. For Blow By Blow, both contain the quad mix manipulated into 5.1. The Sony SACDs suffer from some kind of phase issue; the Analogue Productions SACD fixes this.

Last edited:

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Incorrect. Both contain the quad mix manipulated into 5.1. The Sony SACDs suffer from some kind of phase issue; the Analogue Productions SACD fixes this.
I thought it was Blow by Blow that has a phase issue with rear channels in relationship to the fronts and not Wired?

perzon57

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
I thought it was Blow by Blow that has a phase issue with rear channels in relationship to the fronts and not Wired?
I think you're right.I've never heard of any phase issues with Wired,it certainty does not sound that way either :cool: .

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
But what’s interesting is how the ad on the Analogue Productiins page for Wired does not mention a surround layer or quad mix at all. I thought I recalled that it was on their pressing, but needed reminder.

Anyway my question was which has the better mastering of the quad Wired, Sony Japan 7” or AP?

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
s
You may be able to go back and edit/add to/ strikethrough the mistaken post
Not a real good idea after the comment has been quoted or commented upon. Otherwise, it would have been fine imo. We've all gotten our releases mixed up now and again. It's not a biggie.

ssully

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Not a real good idea after the comment has been quoted or commented upon.
Of the three options I suggested -- edit/add to/strikethrough -- only 'Edit' could imply losing the original text . But it need not mean that.

write EDIT with the date and follow that with the correction..this is the same as 'Add to'. CORRECTION would also work
and/or
strikethrough the old text , to indicate it's inaccurate

I would suggest doing both.