BIG Blu-Ray Audio drive from Universal Music in 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Claude said: Are some of these multichannel? I have only seen single layer stereo SHM-SACDs so far, even when the previous SACD release was stereo/multichannel. That's a pity in case of a dedicated surround recording."

"As far as I know, the only SHM-SACD title that includes a multichannel mix is the Britten/Ozawa War Requiem ([UCGD-9011-12]). I ordered it recently and should receive it soon. My understanding is that the multichannel mix is not SHM-SACD, but rather regular SACD. I'll confirm as soon as the disc gets here.

Best,

Robert"

I waded through 4 pages (almost 2 pages of which descended into a bitch fest between a couple of people about Yuja Wang! and you think we go off topic on here sometimes!? :mad:@:) and I could only find one SHM-SACD in Surround. The OP who owned it wasn't even sure/clear if it was SHM at one point but then mentioned the green/single layer etc.

So, there's one Surround SHM-SACD title then?

By "OP" do you mean "only person" ?

haha.. I meant Original Poster but of course it wasn't! Dumb ol' me! :ugham: seems that Robert is the Only Person who owns it in that thread! :eek:

still, at least it confirms that there's at least one Surround SHM-SACD, Britten/Ozawa War Requiem.

getting back on topic, ironic there's already more 5.1 Blu-ray Audio HFPA discs out (before they're officially out in the UK even, let alone USA or Japan) than SHM-SACDs and yet we're crying out for more 5.1 on the new format already! I guess it's the rock & poppers pushing for surround!? or maybe its the power of QQ..!! Most of the contributors to the HFPA Facebook are from QQ-ers after all..!! :banana:

another BD audio title: Nirvana´s "In Utero", for sure only in stereo, another wasted opportunity. At least is a new album in high fidelity, baaahhhh

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/nirvana-lead-second-wave-of-rockpop-blu-ray-audio-releases/

yes all Stereo variants...Beck "Sea Change" to release only in Stereo is the biggest fail of all ..but I can keep my DVD-A/SACD in my safe ;)

Well, with Universal Music Group, Sony Music and even Warner/Elektra/Atlantic (WEA) licensing their SACD music catalogs to Acoustic Sounds as DSD Downloads, there's still the opportunity to see albums like
Sea Change as Multichannel DSD Downloads.

From what I'm hearing, DSD Downloads are likely to be a much more interesting path for QQ/Surround music fans than the BD audio releases from Universal in Europe.

read from the articel "Certainly the Queen title has been available in 5.1 on various other formats, so one would expect to see them include that"...that leave some room for speculation but I'm sure UMG is not the brightest candle on the cake ;)

The Beck Sea Change blu-ray is Stereo only? OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....!!!!!! :mad: :flame

where has it been confirmed there is no 5.1?

Only an idiot would not include that 5.1 mix on a medium capable of hi rez multichannel.

would be nice to Guero in 5.1 on blu ray as well with the same doodles as the lo rez on the original release.

Only an idiot would not include that 5.1 mix on a medium capable of hi rez multichannel.

would be nice to Guero in 5.1 on blu ray as well with the same doodles as the lo rez on the original release.

I fear we're in the presence of idiots when Nirvana can be considered High Fidelity Pure Anything...

I fear we're in the presence of idiots when Nirvana can be considered High Fidelity Pure Anything...

You're so wrong here, it's not even funny...
Sure it's not going to be 5.1, and even though Nirvana is a 90s "grunge" act, those 2 albums, "In Utero" and "Nevermind" are EXTREMELY well recorded and produced and will continue to live on as much as Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc, so I say if UMe wants to release them in High-Res, let them. I won't be buying though...

The 2 channel hi res mix (purportedly 24/48) on my Guero DVD-Audio is actually 16 bit padded so there may not be anything to go with there, although the 5.1 mix may be actual 24/48.

You're so wrong here, it's not even funny...
Sure it's not going to be 5.1, and even though Nirvana is a 90s "grunge" act, those 2 albums, "In Utero" and "Nevermind" are EXTREMELY well recorded and produced and will continue to live on as much as Genesis, Pink Floyd, etc, so I say if UMe wants to release them in High-Res, let them. I won't be buying though...

..I'm not dissing the band or the music, just expressing my opinion that I don't care for the fidelity of Nirvana recordings, there's a host of other equally "classic" albums I'd choose over these two to showcase "HFPA" -- as always, YMMV.. as everyone tells me these days.. and I respect that your opinion differs from mine, who's wrong or right!? no-one! (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back