Blur "The Ballad Of Darren" (Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos mix shipping 7/21)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haikubass

Bam!
1687252352073.png

Atmos mix by David Wrench.
https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/blurs-new-album-is-being-released-on-blu-ray-audio

Last edited:
But!
To quote @PaulatSDE:
This release is not part of the SDE Surround Series but Parlophone are giving SDE readers an exclusive 48 hour head start to acquire a copy. Also they are choosing to package it like the SDE ones, which is nice :) I really don’t know where else it may become available although my understanding is that it won’t be anywhere in north America.

Last edited:
Excellent news!

One worry for me - the mixes on this include Atmos, but not 5.1. On the SDE site it says "If you currently have a 5.1 set-up, the Atmos Mix will ‘fold down’ to 5.1." I don't have an Atmos set up, but Atmos mixes normally fold down ok for me to Dolby True HD. However, on the SDE Tears For Fears The Hurting bluray, the 5.1 mix is excellent, but when I switch to the Atmos mix it folds down to a 5.1 that doesn't sound right at all, with the fronts nowhere near loud enough. Hopefully the Blur disc won't be the same.

Also, slightly annoying that the 2 extra tracks on the deluxe version of the Blur cd don't seem to be included on this bluray edition.

Back