Bowie - Ziggy 40th Anniversary, lots of 5.1.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So. let me get this straight...
These are NOT the Surround mixes from the horrible SACD, but new ones
AND
They are sourced from a U-Matic?????
WTF?

Not quite correct.
These are the SACD mixes by Ken Scott from 2003 with 4 new tracks mixed at the same time but not released before.
Spinning the DVD now.
The surround mixes are truly bad - much more like 3-channel stereo with very limited rear channel content. I will be posting a full review later today.
Content is 5.1 DTS Core Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital & 24/48 LPCM.

Also included are the full analogue 2012 remasters by Ray Staff in 24/96 LPCM

ANd yes, the multitracks were from Umatics, meaning 16/44.1 original sample rate, but this will have been upsampled to 24/48 before remix making them valid at the depth & SR.

Not quite correct.
These are the SACD mixes by Ken Scott from 2003 with 4 new tracks mixed at the same time but not released before.
Spinning the DVD now.
The surround mixes are truly bad - much more like 3-channel stereo with very limited rear channel content. I will be posting a full review later today.
Content is 5.1 DTS Core Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital & 24/48 LPCM.

Also included are the full analogue 2012 remasters by Ray Staff in 24/96 LPCM

ANd yes, the multitracks were from Umatics, meaning 16/44.1 original sample rate, but this will have been upsampled to 24/48 before remix making them valid at the depth & SR.

Thanks again , Neil.
From the little money I made this past month for a 4 day's temp job, I had ordered the 2 ELP DVD-Vs AND the Ziggy one thinking that they were NEW 5.1 mixes..just in time to cancel the item @ yamazon...

Better save the little dough for the KC remixes this fall cause I really don't see myself getting a job in the EU country with the highest unemployment rate...25% (!!!!!)...as it is , I think it was a miracle that I had this temp gig...:mad:@:

Back