Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s like the record companies begrudgingly release a few copies because they are expected to but no more.
My eyes are really starting to glaze over about these sets.

LOL... I just found out about this release 30 minutes ago so I came here to get the lowdown.... only to find out that everything is on hold (hopefully). I am hoping Amazon or Import CDs will have it.

LOL... I just found out about this release 30 minutes ago so I came here to get the lowdown.... only to find out that everything is on hold (hopefully). I am hoping Amazon or Import CDs will have it.
And Stephen has given us his biggest hint to date, with a like!! :cool:

I'm waiting for Amazon UK to stock this incredible release.

Just lucky I guess. Ordered from JPC in Germany to ship here to US yesterday. Got in just in time! And best price about $120 US shipped!
Same here, big, big fan of Camel, especially Snow Goose and Mirage.
I ordered it from JPC right after I read about the news here, now I just checked and it states "currently not available", the release date of May 26 remains unchanged. As I ordered it there was a limit of up to 2 items.
So maybe there will be a limited release, followed by a bigger one in August?
Keeping my fingers crossed...

Same here, big, big fan of Camel, especially Snow Goose and Mirage.
I ordered it from JPC right after I read about the news here, now I just checked and it states "currently not available", the release date of May 26 remains unchanged. As I ordered it there was a limit of up to 2 items.
So maybe there will be a limited release, followed by a bigger one in August?
Keeping my fingers crossed...
I'm in the same boat , was able to preorder from Jpc.de, before its disappearance. My hunch is is someone jumped the gun on the release date, and only a handful of etailers carried it. I am hopeful that it will be released on 5.26, however I believe the actual date will be later..Someoneearlier on this thread posted this August. I don't mind waiting as this release tuly came out of nowhere and indeed was a great surprise.

Statement in German translated by google translate ( so it's a bit rough) from Just for Kicks mailorder newsletter :

Before doing so, however, we must apologize (although it is not our fault).
We were happy to announce a lavish CAMEL box set for the end of May. Now the sales department is rowing back and, according to his statement, mistakenly offered the box too early. It's only supposed to appear in a few months and until then there's a strict embargo on offers.
That's the official text - I rather think a few passages have been forgotten when it comes to the price, because 27CD+5BluRays for €135 seem a bit too cheap to me...
We will definitely keep you informed.
We will of course refund payments made in the meantime via PayPal and credit card in full within the next 1 - 2 days. It runs automatically and nobody has to ask for it.

My pre-order from JPC still has a status of "Open" with the same release date: 05/26/2023. I haven't had any emails indicating a cancellation or change in price or release date. Guess I'll just need to keep monitoring. Lasercd.com still has their pre-order up with same price and an August 25 release date, so it seems like it's just a delay.

My pre-order from JPC still has a status of "Open" with the same release date: 05/26/2023. I haven't had any emails indicating a cancellation or change in price or release date. Guess I'll just need to keep monitoring. Lasercd.com still has their pre-order up with same price and an August 25 release date, so it seems like it's just a delay.
That sounds logical that its just a delay (or an acknowledgement that it was never May in the first place!), and not an incorrect price too. If the European and US sellers (none in UK yet that I've seen :() all have it at around the same price, then hopefully that's what it will be. And if it is that, then it will surely be the best value release per disc, 27 cds and 5 blu rays, that we've ever seen :).

Looks like yet another prog rock box set I can't resist. I'm just wondering why they keep putting in those CDs...why not bluray discs with 192kHz/24-bit audio? You have to have a bluray disc player anyways to fully enjoy the set so CDs doesn't make sense.

I'm just wondering why they keep putting in those CDs...why not bluray discs with 192kHz/24-bit audio? You have to have a bluray disc player anyways to fully enjoy the set so CDs doesn't make sense.
Not everyone does. There are plenty of people who buy these sets and never play the Blu-ray or DVD. The CDs are for them, and for those of us who do play the video disc, but also want a CD for the car or the audio-only stereo system.

Back