Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I checked my orders at jpc.de and it still shows as placed.. no word about cancellation(yet) and a release date of 5.26 , although the price has been bumped to 126.99 euro.. I'm pretty sure I preordered at 69.90 euro.. So let's wait and see what happens..

I checked my orders at jpc.de and it still shows as placed.. no word about cancellation(yet) and a release date of 5.26 , although the price has been bumped to 126.99 euro.. I'm pretty sure I preordered at 69.90 euro.. So let's wait and see what happens..
I ordered at JPC April 14 at a price of EUR 106.71 = $122.09. Again, although Air Born is still listed, though it now says unavailable, when I go into my account and enter my order #, nothing comes up.

I'd be amazed if that pre-order price was right. I ordered from them on April 16th., and it was €106.71(after outside-EU tax deducted). I'm in the same boat regarding not receiving a cancellation from jpc.de (yet).

I'd be amazed if that pre-order price was right. I ordered from them on April 16th., and it was €106.71(after outside-EU tax deducted). I'm in the same boat regarding not receiving a cancellation from jpc.de (yet).
I stand corrected , I did order it on 4.16 at 126.99 euro.. order status.. still open.. I confused it with the pre- order of Ultravox-Quartet order on 4.07..at 69.99 euro. Fading aging memory I guess..:)

I just find this all really odd. This set was only first heard about in mid April, with a (then) supposed release date of 26 May. So very quick turnaround! Quite a few US and European sellers had it up for pre sale, so we didn't dream this! Surely the make up of the set and the number of discs included, and whether or not it was actually being manufactured, would have been known :confused: !!

Baffling as it is, I am glad we're getting Camel mixed in 5.1 at some point. I wonder if there will be an announcement on May 26th with a new release date.

I have Camel, Moonmadness, Snow Goose. They get played once in awhile but they don't fire me up. The stylistic difference between the first and the other two is interesting but the mid 70s Camel always sounds like second-tier prog to me. I'd buy surround versions of these three if they are offered separately though. Especially if Stephen Taylor (whose absence from the Bruford remixes is the real crime of the century as far as surround mixes go) is involved.

My JPC preorder is still active with same 5/26/2023 delivery date. Will see what happens when that passes.

someone with a contact at universal music responsible for this please share. Someone needs to start a campaign. Anything a phone number will help.

someone with a contact at universal music responsible for this please share. Someone needs to start a campaign. Anything a phone number will help.
Dude, seriously, chill out
Keep in mind this set was never officially announced yet for release, by the band or record label
What more than likely happened was that some retailers got the info on the set and put it up on their websites before it was really ready to be known
I’m sure the set will be out later this year. Chances are the release just got backed up a few months probably due to manufacturing delays
But if this set is what it is (32 discs) then it will be released at some point soon.
The work should be all done. It’s probably just waiting to be manufactured.
So again, chill out.
I think we’ll get it before too long.

:)

I received a prompt response from JPC as I had not heard from them and I placed my order last April:

"
Subject: AW: Your jpc-order of "Air Born - The MCA & Decc..."

thank you for your message.

The article has been ordered for you, but the publication date has been delayed. A new date for this is not yet known, unfortunately it may still be months away.

I am sorry not to be able to give you any other feedback.

Should you wish to cancel the order due to the uncertain delivery time, just send me a short e-mail.

Kind regards,
Daniela R____"

I am keeping my order active - as I got a great price of about $110 US.

I received a prompt response from JPC as I had not heard from them and I placed my order last April:

"
Subject: AW: Your jpc-order of "Air Born - The MCA & Decc..."

thank you for your message.

The article has been ordered for you, but the publication date has been delayed. A new date for this is not yet known, unfortunately it may still be months away.

I am sorry not to be able to give you any other feedback.

Should you wish to cancel the order due to the uncertain delivery time, just send me a short e-mail.

Kind regards,
Daniela R____"

I am keeping my order active - as I got a great price of about $110
I'm on the same boat, not cancelling and waiting patiently..besides we have TONS more stuff to look forward to soon enough (and some on the to be listened to pile) .And yes this will be a BIG icing on the cake:)

Back