Coming in August...."Toto IV" on multichannel hybrid SACD w/ bonus tracks in 7" mini LP packaging

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorite albums. The song "I Won’t Hold You Back" bring memories of a sweet and beautiful girlfriend of my youth

Day 1, Day 1, Day 1..............................................

Never had the original SACD (got a burned copy)

Thank you Sony Japan!!!!!!!

Pre-ordered

Regards,
Yes, and thank you very much Sony Japan! I don't even have the burned copy and have been priced out on ebay for this item for many years... I think Africa could become a regular demonstration track for my home setup if it's as good a mix as I hope!

As my bonus points @ CDJapan were about to expire as well as that 1000jpy off coupon I went ahead and pre~ordered Toto IV and added two UHQ MQA titles as well [Leon Russell Live; John Coltrane Live @ Birdland].

From cdjapan.co.jp....

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10139
"TOTO IV" Japanese original 40th anniversary deluxe edition features SACD hybrid (5.1ch) format. Its CD layer includes audio tracks remastered by Elliot Scheiner in 2018. This edition also includes four bonus tracks. They are based on unfinished outtakes from recording sessions from 1981-1982 and completed as new songs in 2018. Comes with a 1982 Japan tour pamphlet replica, a tour poster, a ticket for Budokan concert, and a donut vinyl single jacket replica. 7inch cardboard sleeve packaging.
Thank you for calling this one out. Ordered. Plus the bonus that postage is reasonable and that is something rare for those of us who live on treasure island.

As a huge fan of Toto and this album, and as one who has the multichannel SACD as well as the bonus tracks, I’m torn. It is definitely a cool collectors item, but as I said to @DennisMabry earlier today, there’s a fine line between fanaticism and stupidity!
For your consideration . . . fanaticism <------ passion/wisdom -------> stupidity
Find that centre point and buy it before it's gone :)

I never saw santana lll available from import cd, so I wonder if they will get this toto disc. DHL shipping for this disc is almost as expensive as the disc itself!

Have NO idea why neither ImportCD/Deep Discount never listed Santana III .......Ironically, they list ALL those Hong Kong SACDs and Universal Japan SHM~SACDs but lately, SONY Japan has been absent from their inventory!

And yes, DHL s/h is ridiculous ..... almost $26US

I never saw santana lll available from import cd, so I wonder if they will get this toto disc. DHL shipping for this disc is almost as expensive as the disc itself!
That is why I ordered both to amortize shipping…and used the 1,000 Yen discount promotion…and decided to add the Japanese-only 7” double SACD version of “Let it Bleed” that I have been eyeing for a while 😍

Have NO idea why neither ImportCD/Deep Discount never listed Santana III .......Ironically, they list ALL those Hong Kong SACDs and Universal Japan SHM~SACDs but lately, SONY Japan has been absent from their inventory!

And yes, DHL s/h is ridiculous ..... almost $26US

Yeah sadly still to this day no sananta iii in ole usa had to order from japan very expensive disc w shipping. Really hoping import or deep discount or some usa distribution gets this in.

Back