Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both the MQA-CD (Everybody’s new favorite format 😄) and the SACD seem pretty reasonable at Amazon at $17.98 and $21.98 respectively. If it gets any cheaper than that, they’re giving the discs away.

I will say that Hong Kong's EVOSOUND Products [SACD and MQA] are EXCEEDINGLY audiophile and manufactured to the very highest standards....with absolutely NO compression artifacts.

While I am not a huge fan of this band/album, I was pleasantly surprised to see the news of this release and the fantastic price-point for the standalone SACD. Also, great to see a more modern rock & roll album getting the surround treatment!

While I am not a huge fan of this band/album, I was pleasantly surprised to see the news of this release and the fantastic price-point for the standalone SACD. Also, great to see a more modern rock & roll album getting the surround treatment!

Soooooo - are you going to order it? :)

On the subject of MR. Big, as I am a long time fan being they are a SF band, I purchased this box set from Japan, Bootleg 2017. Eric martin claims he was not even aware it was being recorded, but gave it the OK.
DR's between the 18 discs/9 concerts is respectable but does sound not of the best live recording, but all the parts do blend well together. vocals in the highs tend to overmodulate a bit. Definately only for dedicated fan. Pat Torpey drummer extrodinare last full tour before he succumbed to Parkinson's and death.
IEZP-131.jpg

Yesterday I received the 2 CD (MQA) set but I did not receive the MCH SACD, anybody else?
Hopefully there is not an error with my order.
Good luck reaching evo if you ordered directly from them.
I have sent them a couple of emails asking if I could cancel my SACD order (in order to save a few bucks through Amazon) as well as a request to change my password (since the “Forgot Password” button does not work on their website) and have gotten…crickets.
Not too impressed with their customer service at this point 😕

I have the RBCD of this album and I can't say I've listened to it in the last 20 years. It had it's moment.
I pre-ordered from Amazon just because of it's price point. You get me in that $20 range and I will buy any 5.1 release that I think might be interesting.
Conversely, you put something I love in some over-bloated box set with a high cost that forces me to buy something I do not want (think Rush Hemispheres with vinyl in the box set) and I will pass on it every time. In al honesty, I suppose if the reviews of the 5.1 mix were over the top I might have broken down and picked it up.

Yesterday I received the 2 CD (MQA) set but I did not receive the MCH SACD, anybody else?
Hopefully there is not an error with my order.

Surprising, Markie, as both the MQA and 5.1 SACD discs are scheduled to be released on 7/23/21, at least in the states.

BTW, how do the MQA CDs sound?

Last edited:
Surprising, Markie, as both the MQA and 5.1 SACD discs are scheduled to be released on 7/23/21, at least in the states.

BTW, how do the MQA CDs sound?
I listened to the MQA in the car today and was awesome. It came with a little thank you postcard with a guitar pick.
I get to get me a MQA CD player for the house. I assume I can get one that is power cable and HDMI out to the pre/pro??

I listened to the MQA in the car today and was awesome. It came with a little thank you postcard with a guitar pick.
I get to get me a MQA CD player for the house. I assume I can get one that is power cable and HDMI out to the pre/pro??

As I keep saying, Markie, those EVOSOUND MQA~CDs and SACDs are OUTSTANDING and are beautifully packaged. And to have those discs decoded in FULL 24 BIT RESOLUTION WITH HIGH UPSAMPLING RATES is a rare treat!

Just ordered this EVOSOUND MQA CD from Deep Discount featuring Nokie Edwards who was lead guitarist for THE VENTURES ..... About $13 with DD 15% off discount:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/picks-on-the-beatles-mqa-cd/4897012136492

As I keep saying, Markie, those EVOSOUND MQA~CDs and SACDs are OUTSTANDING and are beautifully packaged. And to have those discs decoded in FULL 24 BIT RESOLUTION WITH HIGH UPSAMPLING RATES is a rare treat!

Just ordered this EVOSOUND MQA CD from Deep Discount featuring Nokie Edwards who was lead guitarist for THE VENTURES ..... About $13 with DD 15% off discount:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/picks-on-the-beatles-mqa-cd/4897012136492
Much agreed, the 2 CD package, was a digipak and all the pictures front cover, liner notes, where exquisite.

Good luck reaching evo if you ordered directly from them.
I have sent them a couple of emails asking if I could cancel my SACD order (in order to save a few bucks through Amazon) as well as a request to change my password (since the “Forgot Password” button does not work on their website) and have gotten…crickets.
Not too impressed with their customer service at this point 😕
Update: while I was sleeping, evo answered that my order was shipped July 9 (although my first request to cancel was before that ☹️) & it will take up to 2 weeks to get to the States…
I guess a lesson learned for the future…I am happy to support their 5.1 efforts, but ironically it may be cheaper to order from Amazon than directly through evo…

Back