Coming in July - Mr. Big's "Lean Into It" (30th Anniversary Edition) on multichannel hybrid SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, did either of you [Moe/Marpow] order the Evosound 5.1 SACD of Bob James ONE from the CTI Label which was also remixed into 5.1?

518tkf%2B-ecS.jpg
Yes I did, it has not arrived here yet.

And AFAIK, ONLY the OPPO 205 has MQA decoding and unfortunately, they're going for a bundle on the used market.

Ralphie and Mark

Here is the player that will do it all. So much winning

Luxman D-03X

Plays RBCD in incredible detail. Fully unfolds MQA discs ( whoa nellie !! sooo good ) and has a MQA DAC - just download the Luxman software and stream in Tidal and you are MQA'ed 24 /7. I have this player and absolutely love it

Ralphie and Mark

Here is the player that will do it all. So much winning

Luxman D-03X

Plays RBCD in incredible detail. Fully unfolds MQA discs ( whoa nellie !! sooo good ) and has a MQA DAC - just download the Luxman software and stream in Tidal and you are MQA'ed 24 /7. I have this player and absolutely love it

Rick .... to the Rescue!

R.174fcf13cb75521b737d7cbc67b8d587

I'm happy with my 25 yo Sony 5-disc changer! :SB

Mike

you may be surprised to know that those older CD players still sound awesome in todays audio world. Sony was rock solid back then I have a 35 year old Denon single disc player that I use everyday. In fact its running right now. Playing Wish You Were Here

Mike

you may be surprised to know that those older CD players still sound awesome in todays audio world. Sony was rock solid back then I have a 35 year old Denon single disc player that I use everyday. In fact its running right now. Playing Wish You Were Here
So true. I had a Marantz 5 disc changer that I felt sounded better than any other CD player I had back in the day. It just seemed to offer more high end detail when I'd A/B it. For years I kept it in the equipment rack alongside my OPPO 83SE and generally preferred it for playing CDs in spite of the paying more for the OPPO's supposedly superior stereo playback. I don't play disks anymore, and its not in my rack anymore. It was retired to a closet several years ago where it sat collecting dust. It got a new life though, in my cousins system where it replaced his broken Sony player over a year ago. I guess they really DON'T make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:
Back