• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPOTLIGHT Dutton-Vocalion Pop/Rock '70s Quad Reissue Switchboard

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

sperezmore

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Jon,

Are you missing Buddy Miles & Carlos Santana - Buddy Miles: Booger Bear & Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles: Live! on the list?

Regards,

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
can you make these incredible new January 2020 additions to the list, please JonUrban ?

- Earth, Wind & Fire
"Spirit"
&
"That's The Way Of The World"

- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
"Black & Blue"
&
"Wake Up Everybody"

- The Miracles
"Love Crazy"

- The O'Jays
"Survival"
&
"Family Reunion"

Thank You 🤘

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Did Curtis Mayfield 1972 Roots LP come out in Quadraphonic Mix LP?
Be great if that could come out on SACD by the Great Dutton Gentleman.
it came out on Quad 8-track tape only, no Quad LP release afaik.
i think the Curtom stuff may be controlled by the estate now, they may be up for it, maybe not.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
can you make these incredible new January 2020 additions to the list, please JonUrban ?

- Earth, Wind & Fire
"Spirit"
&
"That's The Way Of The World"

- Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
"Black & Blue"
&
"Wake Up Everybody"

- The Miracles
"Love Crazy"

- The O'Jays
"Survival"
&
"Family Reunion"

Thank You 🤘
You didn't notice I left space for them?????

Working....................

PS - I just sent Angie a new Columbia page for the Label Section of the forum with all of the new D-V releases added to the list. It was actually ready a while back but I was sitting on it (and would not get up!) o_O

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
You didn't notice I left space for them?????

Working....................

PS - I just sent Angie a new Columbia page for the Label Section of the forum with all of the new D-V releases added to the list. It was actually ready a while back but I was sitting on it (and would not get up!) o_O
no i did not!!! 😱
its a race for space and more shelves, due to the elves! 😝

ps: sounds fabulous!! can't wait to see it go up now you've got up 🤣

pps: Thank You 🤗

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Switchboard Update: 1-17-2020

All set there fred, er Adam, er.............. :unsure:
phenomenal..!! thank you 😍

now i see a few tantalising catalogue numbering gaps.. and some that got filled in long after what came before (Helen Reddy was assigned a number ages before it saw release!) i mean.. what might be CDSML8549 (between George Benson's "Body Talk" and Weather Report's "Tale Spinnin'") and what might be CDSML8555 (directly before Herbie Hancock's "Sextant").. the mind boggles 🤪

edit: a wiser, younger, more handsome member has set me straight, at least one of those cat.no. gaps was Dave Valentin in Stereo. whoops!! 😂

Last edited:

armyjazzer

I noticed some titles state they are quadraphonic and others just say "multi-channel". Are all the titles on this list actual quadraphonic releases or just mixed to multi-channel. Thanks for any help!

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I noticed some titles state they are quadraphonic and others just say "multi-channel". Are all the titles on this list actual quadraphonic releases or just mixed to multi-channel. Thanks for any help!
All Quad. If in doubt, they all say if they contain the Quad mix in the description.

1579358340094.png

armyjazzer

All Quad. If in doubt, they all say if they contain the Quad mix in the description.
This is what caused my confusion. That title clearly states "Quadraphonic", but others on the list do not. For example these titles just state multi-channel with no mention of Quadraphonic:

CDLK4572
CDLK4597

Also when you search the Dutton website with the word "Quadraphonic" they do not show up in the results, I'm guessing because they didn't put the word Quadraphonic in the description area. Just wanted to make sure I am getting recordings with the original Quadraphonic mix. Maybe Dutton could clarify this by updating the descriptions.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This is what caused my confusion. That title clearly states "Quadraphonic", but others on the list do not. For example these titles just state multi-channel with no mention of Quadraphonic:

CDLK4572
CDLK4597

Also when you search the Dutton website with the word "Quadraphonic" they do not show up in the results, I'm guessing because they didn't put the word Quadraphonic in the description area. Just wanted to make sure I am getting recordings with the original Quadraphonic mix. Maybe Dutton could clarify this by updating the descriptions.
Good catch. Never noticed that before. Does seem odd. 4572 doesn't even say stereo...so seems like an omission. I'll ask Simon at Dutton and see what he says.