ELP Emerson Lake & Palmer Cataloge in 5.1 Surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I missed this but...

has a date been announced for Trilogy? that's the one I'd like to get in 5.1.
and is this Brain Salad mix supposed to be different than the DVD-A version? if Steven Wilson, I presume it is. I already have the DVD-A and wonder how much different this can be.

The self-titled album I thought was excellent and always loved that album for the music alone. I also have Tarkus but found the music content itself less satisfying.

I'm thinking about double-dipping BSS but may wait until some of you who have the DVD-A can compare the mixes :)

Trilogy has not been announced yet. The BSS new stereo and surorund mix are done by Jakko Jakszyk

it's showing 7 discs on the UK site (which is possibly a mistake as 6 & 7 split the original album in two.. unless they're 45RPM LP's as has been suggested) but trust me I know my way around Amazon as well as anyone (I should have shares in them, I literally get stuff, not just music or tech equipment etc, every day!) :)

This is going to be the 3rd 5.1 version of this album I've bought :rolleyes: Just over £50 on amazon, but still cheaper than importing. But the one I really want is "Trilogy", memories of buying it 1972 all over again but in 5.1!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 494
This is going to be the 3rd 5.1 version of this album I've bought :rolleyes: Just over £50 on amazon, but still cheaper than importing. But the one I really want is "Trilogy", memories of buying it 1972 all over again but in 5.1!

3rd & 4th for me :eek: I'll be getting the 3-disc set and the 6/7-disc set :)

My curiosity is now the video - what is the "Manticore years" documentary? Is it the same old "Manticore Special" from 73, the documentary from the Beyond the Beginning set? Some sort of hybrid "remix" of the two, or something entirely new with stuff not seen before?

My curiosity is now the video - what is the "Manticore years" documentary? Is it the same old "Manticore Special" from 73, the documentary from the Beyond the Beginning set? Some sort of hybrid "remix" of the two, or something entirely new with stuff not seen before?

Good question! I'm trying to find out :)

Will there be a non-vinyl edition?

Yes. Amazon UK has Brain Salad Surgery on sale, with a release date stated as 12 May. 3 different formats.

Prices £8, £11, £50. Descriptions say 2 discs, 3 discs, 6 discs. The picture above is the 6 disc, deluxe version.

I ordered the 3 disc version. Looks like the 2 disc version would be the one to avoid unless you only like redbook.

Back