Elton John "Madman Across The Water" 50th Anniversary Box Set (3 CDs & 5.1 Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But since it appeared on Amazon's website, will they honor it, squirm their way out of it?
Doesn't matter to me. If I get a copy for $14 or they cancel it. I already have the sacd, but for $14 what the hell.

Edit: I just got notice that it has shipped. Expected delivery date Feb 16th to Mar 1st? Which makes no sense. Must be using the Pony Express to deliver

Last edited:
Doesn't matter to me. If I get a copy for $14 or they cancel it. I already have the sacd, but for $14 what the hell.

Edit: I just got notice that it has shipped. Expected delivery date Feb 16th to Mar 1st? Which makes no sense. Must be using the Pony Express to deliver
That's not unusual, if it's coming from a third party source.

But since it appeared on Amazon's website, will they honor it, squirm their way out of it?
Alright, I just got a refund notice from Amazon. They cancelled my order without a reason.
As I figured, worst case scenario; nothing ventured nothing gained. I suppose I could push the issue and see what happens but, as I have said a few times, I really didn't care.

So to answer your question; they squirmed their way out of it.

Sure would have liked to get a reason from Amazon, even if it was lame, like "someone entered the wrong numbers".

I'm assuming there was something hinky about the listings from this particular 3rd party seller. Lots of items selling for $14 (including the Criterion 4K discs described in other threads)--too good to be true.

I'm assuming there was something hinky about the listings from this particular 3rd party seller. Lots of items selling for $14 (including the Criterion 4K discs described in other threads)--too good to be true.
I’m not sure all were from the same seller. Perhaps but I don’t think that is confirmed. It could be a mistake on Amazon. Perhaps they updated something in their software and had unintended consequences.

I have the chance to buy this box still sealed, does anyone know if universal are still sending out replacement discs?

For those still interested, Amazon has it now for $38.78. Prime, not 3rd party.
Wow! I had to switch browsers I kept getting taken to Amazon.ca where it is priced at $81.65 CAD (21% off list) still a good deal.

From Amazon.com, Canadians have to add $18.24 shipping & Import fees, bringing the price a bit closer $57.02 USD ($76.76 CAD).

I'm on the fence on this one as I already have the SACD, even though it is my favourite Elton John album. Deluxe sets while flashy don't add much and take up a lot of space, the bonus material would likely seldom ever get played. If the CDs are brickwalled they are unlistenable to me anyway.

Back