Foobar2000 on 4k display

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitztorte

Hello QQ. I bought a Intel NUC running Windows 10 as a HTPC and have installed Foobar2000 with DarkOne 4.0 theme. The NUC is connected to a 4k TV. Windows 10 is at 3840 x 2160 resolution and text scaling at 300% (both recommended by Windows).

When I use Foobar2000 the bottom controls are VERY small and the playlist text is clipped and upper left window text is tiny.

I haven't been able to find any Foobar2000 settings that make a difference. They only thing that made the Foobar2000 app display correctly is to change the Windows resolution to 1920 x 1080.

Has anyone been able to figure out how to configure Foobar2000 so that the application is displayed correctly in 4k resolution? Here is a screenshot of Foobar2000 in 4k mode.

Thank you for any feedback you might have.

Attachments

• Foobar2000-DarkOne-4k.PNG
    Foobar2000-DarkOne-4k.PNG
    567.2 KB · Views: 549
I had the same issues a couple years ago. I have a 4K TV, and my Foobar looks normal. But, I had to scour the web for a version of Darkone that worked. It might be called:
To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't want to risk messing up mine, that currently works. Which DarkOne do you currently have?

1604182021356.png

I had the same issues a couple years ago. I have a 4K TV, and my Foobar looks normal. But, I had to scour the web for a version of Darkone that worked. It might be called:
To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't want to risk messing up mine, that currently works. Which DarkOne do you currently have?

View attachment 58774
I installed DarkOne400build20140207.exe

Do you know where I can get a newer version?

Thanks.

It's not the scaling you need to change, it's the High DPI settings.

Do this:

Find the shortcut for foobar
right click on it and pick 'properties'
when the Properties menu comes up, click the 'Compatibility' tab
At the bottom of the Compatibility tab, click 'Change high DPI settings'
There are a couple of tickboxes on that page, and couple of dropdowns - it seems like sometimes you have to pick a different combination of options to get the result you want, but this is what I have selected:

1604207405068.png

That should likely do it, and return your scaling to 300% or whatever you were happy with before.

It's not the scaling you need to change, it's the High DPI settings.

Do this:

Find the shortcut for foobar
right click on it and pick 'properties'
when the Properties menu comes up, click the 'Compatibility' tab
At the bottom of the Compatibility tab, click 'Change high DPI settings'
There are a couple of tickboxes on that page, and couple of dropdowns - it seems like sometimes you have to pick a different combination of options to get the result you want, but this is what I have selected:

View attachment 58783

That should likely do it, and return your scaling to 300% or whatever you were happy with before.
That did it! Thank you!

Yes I know this is an old, old message string but I have to give thanks to @steelydave on providing the relatively easy fix for those of us who recently upgraded to a 4K display and using Foobar Darkone 4. I had my 1080p for over 10 years before it finally gave out. I have been fighting to try and use my existing HDMI cables run through walls and ceiling as I'm just not knowledgeable and had someone else run them originally. That resolved, I'm now working on other little 'tweaks' saince upgrading the display. I have to be honest, I'm scared shirtless to make any Foobar changes because I use this program so much every day.

I was trying a web search for the answer and the # 1 Google hit pointed me right back here to QQ (my home away from home). Imagine that? AND it did have a great easy fix.

Back