Hope it was worth it

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daaaaaaaaaayummmm - it was to somebody :banana:

I am sure they will enjoy them though :banana:

At least they're legit, unlike the "copies" that are now appearing on eBay

Many are already converted, many not worth it. Some folks get carried away, a few gamble it seems!

I wanted that auction mostly for the Allman Brothers Q8's, but without slipcases, I wasn't going past $100.

That's about $23 per tape which is above average for a few of those titles, but well below in the cases of Deep Purple, The Allmans, CTA, and the Kris Kristofferson tape is a rarity - you never see that one in the wild often!

I wanted that auction mostly for the Allman Brothers Q8's, but without slipcases, I wasn't going past $100.

That's about $23 per tape which is above average for a few of those titles, but well below in the cases of Deep Purple, The Allmans, CTA, and the Kris Kristofferson tape is a rarity - you never see that one in the wild often!

Sorry to go off on a tangent but that Kristofferson Best Of Quad never gets mentioned on here.. or if it did I can't find anything about it right now..

..is it in the same rough kinda Quad mix philosophy ballpark as his Quads on those Columbia/Monument SQ LPs and Q8's?

Only I noticed the individual albums are by a variety of engineers..
"Jesus Was A Capricorn" Quad supervised by Fred Foster, Al Lawrence & Dennis Linde, Quad Remix by Mike Figlio..
"Silver Tongued Devil & I" Quad supervised by Fred Foster, Quad Remix by Neil Wilburn..
"Border Lord" Quad supervised by Fred Foster, Quad Remix by Neil Wilburn..
"Spooky Lady's Sideshow" No Quad supervision credit, Quad Remix by John Haeny..

..actually, what tracks are even on that Best of Kristofferson Q8..??

..and when did it come out?

I can only find passing mention of it in discographies and the catalogue info comes up a few times.. obscure for a "best of" compilation, no?

Monument records quad stuff started out being distributed by GRT but then switched to Columbia really early on, maybe even when Columbia got in to quad in January 1972.

As a result, the first couple of Kristofferson quads (greatest hits and spooky lady) came out on GRT tapes first, and then Columbia vinyl afterward I think. I suspect when Columbia got involved they made their Nashville studio quad guys available to Kristofferson so that's when you see Figlio, Wilburn and Foster getting involved.

I agree with Q-Eight, you very rarely see that GH tape anywhere. I wonder if GRT took it out of print when Monument went to Columbia, or maybe the rights to the quad mix for it and Spooky Lady actually belonged to GRT so that's why Columbia never put them out on Q8.

Monument records quad stuff started out being distributed by GRT but then switched to Columbia really early on, maybe even when Columbia got in to quad in January 1972.

As a result, the first couple of Kristofferson quads (greatest hits and spooky lady) came out on GRT tapes first, and then Columbia vinyl afterward I think. I suspect when Columbia got involved they made their Nashville studio quad guys available to Kristofferson so that's when you see Figlio, Wilburn and Foster getting involved.

I agree with Q-Eight, you very rarely see that GH tape anywhere. I wonder if GRT took it out of print when Monument went to Columbia, or maybe the rights to the quad mix for it and Spooky Lady actually belonged to GRT so that's why Columbia never put them out on Q8.

Wow..! :yikes

Thank you for the brilliant info, Dave..!! :upthumb

You really are THE man with the Quad scoop stuff time and again..!! :worthy

Now.. what IS on that Best Of Q8..? :eek:

Somebody here must have it..?

The Peter and the Wolf Q8 is one of those "compatible" Q8 tapes - in other words, it's double stereo. Those things were a hoot.

Oh that pesky Wolf in Q8 clothing... :yikes

Were there many such "compatible" Q8 titles?
Never heard of such a thing!
(Need to brush up on all matters Q8.. gonna need some help from you guys! ..hehe :eek: )

I'm pretty sure this original Q8 of Dark Side of the Moon was sourced from SQ and not discrete. Considering how popular this album was, wonder if it was lamely issued in this manner to create a compatible Q8. I remember getting this as new and wondering why it sounded like double stereo.

Glad we finally got the real deal quad!

Back