ITCOTCK status

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Cleasby

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
The new box set has an HDCD version of the album which is a conversion down from the flat transfer to DSD Simon Heyworth did from the newly discovered 1/4" masters on his Aria-modified ATR. He has replicated an edit-for-length which was performed to create previous production masters.

The current plan is that he will be essaying a faux surround treatment of the stereo to see if that flies, but either way, expect to see a stereo SACD next year which will for the first time include the previously edited-out portion. Sorry, don't know which track...

Very curious as I'd not ever hear this story of actual material edited out of the album; Several accounts mention one side (RH channel?) of the stereo master being damaged and glossed over with EQ to hide the flaw. RF was forced to use this until the masters stolen from the cupboard were returned.

I imagine the liner notes of the SACD will spell out the details....

timbre4 said:
Very curious as I'd not ever hear this story of actual material edited out of the album; Several accounts mention one side (RH channel?) of the stereo master being damaged and glossed over with EQ to hide the flaw. RF was forced to use this until the masters stolen from the cupboard were returned.

I imagine the liner notes of the SACD will spell out the details....

IT WAS A FAIRLY HURRIED "WHAT'S YOUR CHRISTMAS CARD ADDRESS?" PHONE CALL SO I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO DIG VERY DEEP - WILL TRY AND HAVE A MORE RELAXED PROBE AT A LATER DATE!

Back