Jeff Beck Group & Birds of Fire - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACDs (August 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer...you were making so much progress(at least I thought you were):slap:
A well deserved slap...thanks... ;)

"Billy Cobham's shitty drums"????????

I for one don't agree.I love the way his drums sound, especially on the first track.A great quad demonstration when his drums circle the speakers in the beginning of that song.

It's just my opinion...I was never a big fan of his flat sounding drumset. I know it's not a "fair" comparison since they are different types of music, but Bonzo's HUGE and FULL sound ran circles around Billy's drum sound (I'm not talking about talent , but about sound)

"Billy Cobham's shitty drums"????????

I for one don't agree.I love the way his drums sound, especially on the first track.A great quad demonstration when his drums circle the speakers in the beginning of that song.

and please quote me correctly..."Billy Cobham's really shitty sounding drums..."

I read that recently the multi-tracks were found for The Lost Trident Sessions, so seeing how this one fares out I'd love to see a multi-track release of that one too.

Hmmm, not sure about this one. Have to do some research on it. I have Blow by Blow on SACD but I never play it. I want to support AF, but sadly this one may fall into the same unordered fate as Open Our Eyes and Let it Snow. Will see...

Hmmm, not sure about this one. Have to do some research on it. I have Blow by Blow on SACD but I never play it. I want to support AF, but sadly this one may fall into the same unordered fate as Open Our Eyes and Let it Snow. Will see...

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with you. It's not my cup of tea either. I have the Q8, may have to give it a spin to see if it's really worth it. Kinda torn on this one as well as Mahavishnu. Really want to support AF, but these two releases disappoint me. I really hope there's good news around the corner. I would hate to see this deal lose momentum and get the axe.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with you. It's not my cup of tea either. I have the Q8, may have to give it a spin to see if it's really worth it. Kinda torn on this one as well as Mahavishnu. Really want to support AF, but these two releases disappoint me. I really hope there's good news around the corner. I would hate to see this deal lose momentum and get the axe.

What deal?

What deal?

My guess he means AF supporting multichannel...

This is my favorite release yet from AF by judging just the music (I haven't heard the mix) with the Doors a close second (I have liked this mix for years)! I have portions of this album stuck in my head since they anounced it and have held off listening to my cd...

This is my favorite release yet from AF by judging just the music (I haven't heard the mix) with the Doors a close second (I have liked this mix for years)! I have portions of this album stuck in my head since they anounced it and have held off listening to my cd...

The Doors are number 1 for me but to have an iconic figure like Jeff Beck on one of these releases is incredible...I never thought this was possible...I will be all over this one...I have Blow By Blow and although I don't play it often...I still love it...a lot of the discs I have aren't played very often...but I love them and wouldn't part with them...

The Doors are number 1 for me but to have an iconic figure like Jeff Beck on one of these releases is incredible...I never thought this was possible...I will be all over this one...I have Blow By Blow and although I don't play it often...I still love it...a lot of the discs I have aren't played very often...but I love them and wouldn't part with them...

I like blow by blow a lot musically speaking but this album is one of my all time favorites by any band in any genre. Hopefully I am not setting myself up for disappointment. Sometimes I am too critical regarding the mix.

That is not a deal. AF have no contract with anyone, right? They chose a title to licence and ask the relevant parties, then an agreement is made? I don't think there is a contract for set number of titles.

That is not a deal. AF have no contract with anyone, right? They chose a title to licence and ask the relevant parties, then an agreement is made? I don't think there is a contract for set number of titles.

You are correct. It's done on an album by album basis with licensing from the record label and artist.

There has been a lot of interest in more Jeff Beck in Multichannel SACD. Even though Wired was licensed by another company (Analogue Productions), this one was available from Sony's vault in Quad 4.0 Surround so Audio Fidelity went for it! Looking forward to hearing the results.

To each his own, but, BxB and the Mahavishnu has a very intelligent source. McLaughlin plays that guitar in incredible chord ranges, the reason it is difficult to understand. I suppose a musician can understand and grasp the idea. Me? I can play any music instrument - not real well, but, I can manage a simple tune on it-anything! Having basic knowledge of music, I get where he is coming from, like hard jazz. To the uneducated it's noise, but, there is incredible talent expressed there. Sadly, these artists that are the best these is, more than half, professors of music theory, are not given proper recognition, just like the masters were treated in their time. People would listen to Beethoven and get scared, women fainted from it, and it was not appreciated until later, like this will; be held in reverence someday.
PS, I can drive anything also! trucks -cars-planes-equipment etc.

I took it as american figure of speech and not literal...

Exactly...that's what I thought as well...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Deal, Gig, Job, Program, etc. Pardon my verbiage for those who don't dig my jive.

My big worry is that they'll put out a few albums that nobody's heard of that tank in sales and they decide to say "shit" and pull a fade like Rhino did with the Quadio program. (Throw in the Towel? Give up the Ghost? Quit? Choose the phrase you understand the best.)

Back