Jethro Tull - 'Stormwatch 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition'

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmazonUK has screwed this up royally. They have two listings for the same product with two different prices and two different release dates. Their CS people can't see this because to them one is listed as a deluxe CD set and the other is listed as a deluxe DVD set, even though there is no deluxe CD set. The difference between paying the high price and the lower price from AmazonUK is the ship date.

CS insisted that if I want the DVD set I had to cancel my order for the CD set and re-order the DVD set at the higher price.

AmazonUK has screwed this up royally. They have two listings for the same product with two different prices and two different release dates. Their CS people can't see this because to them one is listed as a deluxe CD set and the other is listed as a deluxe DVD set, even though there is no deluxe CD set. The difference between paying the high price and the lower price from AmazonUK is the ship date.

CS insisted that if I want the DVD set I had to cancel my order for the CD set and re-order the DVD set at the higher price.
If anybody has success explaining that to them and getting a shipment PLEASE PM me with the information. They're a global company. They could have Amazon US send US customers the copy...

What is even stranger is that they have different ASIN numbers for each product: B07VJWWYMD AND B07Z1S1J8L (the latter for the DVD audio edition).
My order for the "2 CD edition” has been delayed until November too.

Just received from Burning Shed:

Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)

We are sorry to say that due to a mistake by Warners there was not enough stock left to supply all of the UK and Irish independent shops who wanted copies.

(To be clear, we placed our order with Warners four weeks in advance so they were aware how many copies we needed. Normally, these arrive about a week ahead of the release date so that we can start packing).

As a result of the error, the UK/Ireland release date has been put back to 15th November 2019 while they make some more copies. The 18th October remains as release date for everywhere else outside UK/Ireland.

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate that this will be very frustrating for you, especially as the majority of you are outside the UK and Ireland.

All we can do is ask for your patience. You will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

By way of an apology we will be including an extra, exclusive Jethro Tull gift in your order.

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]
That explains what is going on.
Although how Amazon can choose who gets a copy and who doesn't is another issue.

AmazonUS has the same kind of thing. Two deluxe versions, one CD, one DVD, each with different pricing and delivery dates, but the same photo and description. So its in stock if you want to pay more.... but if you pre-ordered months ago at a lower price, you wait for delivery.

I have sent Amazon all the required info and they have acknowledged receipt.
But with the news of Warner messing up...
That looks to be as far as it is going.. :unsure:

I have sent Amazon all the required info and they have acknowledged receipt.
But with the news of Warner messing up...
That looks to be as far as it is going.. :unsure:
It could be, best case scenario, they acknowledge that they are sending the deluxe set. Also, you could plead for a gift card or something for your inconvenience.

Have sent Mike copy of my order and delivery from Amazon can we see how he gets on first, but it really looks like they ran out of copies and are awaiting further supplies. Guess I just got lucky for once!

What's silly is that they didn't realise until a day and a half before the release date that they didn't have enough copies! Especially silly for a massive company like Amazon. Burning Shed's customer service looks great as ever, and is honest. Compare with Amazon where their people weren't lying as such, but just seemed to be reading off their own website, without access to further information, including the history behind the change of release date.

Just got this from the Shed, in it's entirety:
Hi

Thanks for your order for Jethro Tull – Stormwatch (The 40th Anniversary Force 10 Edition)

We are sorry to say that due to a mistake by Warners there was not enough stock left to supply all of the UK and Irish independent shops who wanted copies.

(To be clear, we placed our order with Warners four weeks in advance so they were aware how many copies we needed. Normally, these arrive about a week ahead of the release date so that we can start packing).

As a result of the error, the UK/Ireland release date has been put back to 15th November 2019 while they make some more copies. The 18th October remains as release date for everywhere else outside UK/Ireland.

We apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate that this will be very frustrating for you, especially as the majority of you are outside the UK and Ireland.

All we can do is ask for your patience. You will still get an exclusive postcard and 500 lucky orders will receive a card signed by Ian Anderson.

By way of an apology we will be including an extra, exclusive Jethro Tull gift in your order.

Once again, we’re sorry for the situation, all of which is beyond our control.

Kind Regards

Pete

www.burningshed.com
[email protected]
Burning Shed is so reliable having copies and shipping them in a very timely fashion. Rarely does this happen to them. I only ordered Stormwatch from Amazon because I had an Amazon gift card. If there is a 5.1 mix coming out I really really want, I always order from them because they deliver the goods. I feel bad both for guys that have a delay on their Stormwatch order and I feel bad for the shed.

So, as an Amazon UK customer, how do I order something from Amazon.de? I can't read German so can I just log in and will it change to English? Any advice from those that order from alternative Amazon sources appreciated!

So, as an Amazon UK customer, how do I order something from Amazon.de? I can't read German so can I just log in and will it change to English? Any advice from those that order from alternative Amazon sources appreciated!
You can change country and language in the settings of the Amazon app on a smart phone. I do it all the time. Germany does have an English option.
Otherwise, you can translate the web pages in Chrome pretty easily. The translate button is up in the right of the address bar.

I am discussing this with Amazons web team now...on the phone

trying to get a result

over wrong description and pricing

quoting burningshed details

The response is, they are now urgently looking into this and will get back to me asap.

My advice is to wait until this is resolved...which hopefully will be within 24hrs.

Last edited:
Back