Kenny Wayne Shepherd -Trouble Is 25

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Atmos mix is only available if you buy the artbook version (which, is $55 on Amazon US, and nearly $86 at importCD)

1666533536098.png

I pulled that info from KWSB website. I notice they call it Earbook and Amazon calls it Artbook. What's up with that? Artbook makes more sense...Earbook??

Well, I had never bought a KWS album (although I’ve known about him for years) and I had never bought from JPC.

That changed a few minutes ago.

I’m getting to be an easy mark for Atmos releases, especially when the price is so good.

I ordered the Earbook. Don't want to miss out on a limited 750 run with perhaps the only access to an ATMOS mix.

@marpow The GnR stuff will come down in price. Look what happened to the Appetite Box Set. You got to prioritize my man :)

There's a couple of songs up on Apple Music, I suppose the whole album will be there on release day. :)
I had pre ordered this set, but I cancelled. Have to cut back on these box sets, the only one I have on order now is Zappa.:cool:

My email from jpc.de today stated there was a 'slight' delay in the shipping of the Kenny Wayne Shepherd disc .....but they're on top of it!
Bummer. I'll let you know how it is. :)

Your order is on the way

Good day,

The following items are on the way to you:

ORDER NO.ARTICLEAMOUNT
Kenny Wayne Shepherd: Trouble Is...25 (Limited Ed…1

Check the delivery status here at DHL

Bummer. I'll let you know how it is. :)

Your order is on the way

Good day,

The following items are on the way to you:

ORDER NO.ARTICLEAMOUNT
Kenny Wayne Shepherd: Trouble Is...25 (Limited Ed…1

Check the delivery status here at DHL
There are 3 items in my order so maybe the 'delay' pertains to the other 2 items. At any rate, enjoy. LOVE Kenny Wayne!

I’m not used to a DHL package taking so long. Got spoiled with the CDJapan orders. (Although this gets handed off to USPS at some point to finish the journey.)

Two days after landing in San Francisco, the package is... still in the plane on the tarmac? Probably not, but it would be nice to see an update more recent than two days ago.

Trying to track it with USPS isn’t any better. They still show the package in Frankfurt.

Attachments

• KWS.png
    KWS.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 0
There's a couple of songs up on Apple Music, I suppose the whole album will be there on release day. :)
I had pre ordered this set, but I cancelled. Have to cut back on these box sets, the only one I have on order now is Zappa.:cool:
They're all up on Apple Music now, at least here.

I lied.
I did buy the Earbook and it arrived yesterday, very classy edition.
I usually like to watch/listen all in a box set and save the surround/Atmos for last.
Last night I just went right for the Pure Audio Blu Ray, 2.0 24/96 and Dolby Atmos, that's it. Seems like a no brainer for a stand alone, at least the surround community would gobble it up.
I digress.
Wow, what a fantastic Dolby Atmos, exactly how I like it, discrete on all instruments, vocals front, and swirling guitars that go from sides to top and back.
Honestly, I was so taken back by the mix I thought this is my favorite surround mix of the year. I don't know, there has been a lot of great physical surround discs this year, but I will say, absolutely had a awesome first impression.
Bob Ludwig did master, KWS produced the Atmos mix, and Immersive Audio mix done by Eric "E.T." Thorngren.
I will take a deep dive into this whole thing as it seems all so interesting, concert, making of, etc. but I thought you would like to have this info now.

Back