Kenny Wayne Shepherd -Trouble Is 25

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But back on topic, I’m happy to report my new Ford Everest next-Gen plays Apple Music Atmos from my iPhone in surround! (10 speaker system). I’ve downloaded a bunch of Atmos albums and playlists on my Apple Music iPhone app for the 12 hour drive. Bad news it doesn’t play MCH files though :(

Christmas around the camp fire this year! (No snow downunder at Christmas).

... which means the next move is to convert MCH to Atmos files, I presume :) Have fun!

Garry, thanks for the MMH update.
I have to look closer and of course no rush as I have nothing to rip at present but regarding the JRiver sidecar, that might need an update? It tags the the tracks so I know what track it is by looking at the file name, but that tagging does not transfer over to the tagging, artist, album, song, in the player. I can do manually very easy, but as I remember it used to do?
I'll supply you with facts later, enjoy your new Ford, hmm maybe I'll get one, been looking Dodge/Ford? Is yours all gas engine? I have Ford Escape for my daily now. Ford offering 1.8% financing currently here in CA.
Last question, is the new MMH Atmos Helper of any value for me, I just do the MKV/MMH thing select chapters from concert (for Atmos Gapless I use the root folder), seems to be all I need?

Hey Mark. The Atmos Helper won’t help you unless you have a Dolby Media Encoder (DME) licence. It just makes it easier to encode channel based mixes to Atmos, but requires the user to have purchased the DME.

The JRiver sidecar xml files should be created AFTER all the tagging and media file renaming is completed. Maybe I need to get MMH to delete all xml files in the album folder prior to creating new xml files for each media file?

The Ford Everest (next-Gen) and its Ford Ranger cousin (truck/Ute version) are V6 diesel here in AU. I don’t think the Everest is being released in North America but I think the Ranger may do in 2024 (and will have a petrol engine in NA).

BTW: I mentioned in the Cars with Surround thread my Everest plays MCH FLAC and .m4a Atmos files in surround via Apple CarPlay from my iPhone!

Hey Mark. The Atmos Helper won’t help you unless you have a Dolby Media Encoder (DME) licence. It just makes it easier to encode channel based mixes to Atmos, but requires the user to have purchased the DME.

The JRiver sidecar xml files should be created AFTER all the tagging and media file renaming is completed. Maybe I need to get MMH to delete all xml files in the album folder prior to creating new xml files for each media file?

The Ford Everest (next-Gen) and its Ford Ranger cousin (truck/Ute version) are V6 diesel here in AU. I don’t think the Everest is being released in North America but I think the Ranger may do in 2024 (and will have a petrol engine in NA).

BTW: I mentioned in the Cars with Surround thread my Everest plays MCH FLAC and .m4a Atmos files in surround via Apple CarPlay from my iPhone!
OK, great, thanks for all the info.
So what your saying is I should uncheck or check the sidecar box? I guess I check the box just before the last "tag and rename" button?
Next time I rip a BD, I will do as you say and let you know how it goes, looks like the Zappa set is next coming.

I assume you used the VLC app on the phone?

No, I was using the Sandisk app’s ‘player’, but I suspect that uses the iOS player’s API hence it playing Dolby Atmos files. I knew recent iOS releases also support FLAC playback, but MCH was a pleasant surprise.

I should try VLC. The Sandisk app only shows files on the usb drive plugged into my phone. My iPhone has 256GB but typical Apple its locked down.

Is there a surround poll for this yet? I looked but didn't see anything.

On my first listen to the ATMOS mix, I was super disappointed. I put the next disc of the night in (that I was very familiar with) and that sounded terrible as well. It was then I discovered that I had Dialog Level Adjust turned on and Audyssey turned off (perhaps a beer too many the night before).

Anywho, on my second listen with a growler of christmas cookie cream ale, a bit of edible, and everything sounds amazing.

16716291504574448165754598084380.jpg

Amazon Italia just delivered it today.

Guess I should have been playing closer attention but I grabbed the standard CD/BD two
disc set off ebay the other day. Just got it today and much to my sad surprise the sound on
the BluRay is stereo only. I don't remember any other bluray concert releases in the last 2
decades not being at least 5.1 even if it was only ambiance in the rears.
Very disappointed. I'd return it if I could.

Guess I should have been playing closer attention but I grabbed the standard CD/BD two
disc set off ebay the other day. Just got it today and much to my sad surprise the sound on
the BluRay is stereo only. I don't remember any other bluray concert releases in the last 2
But KWS is such a bad ass guitar player :rocks you can feel the surround.

I had the same disappointing surprise and I bought the Earbook version. To tell the truth I was pretty pissed about it and let them know.
Like you said never seen a stereo Blu-Ray. I'm not real crazy about the Atmos either, a little weak I think. To me his best is Ledbetter Heights
I'd like to hear that in Atmos.

I am pretty disapointed with this. The atmos mix has some nice moments, but the it lacks balance. The lead vocals are too low on most songs. The bass is not very deep. Listen to track 2, no deep bass, seems lacking. Bass like Texas Flood would have been more suiting. The kick is pretty weak. Overall just ok, not great.

I am pretty disapointed with this. The atmos mix has some nice moments, but the it lacks balance. The lead vocals are too low on most songs. The bass is not very deep. Listen to track 2, no deep bass, seems lacking. Bass like Texas Flood would have been more suiting. The kick is pretty weak. Overall just ok, not great.
I love his music but all his releases sound this way to me.

I felt like some mastering issues on this BD. Certain songs stood out. Either ways, i returned this to amazon!

Back