Kenny Wayne Shepherd -Trouble Is 25

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am watching concert now. I popped both the Blu Ray and the DVD in just to make sure there are no audio differences.
Both are the same in stereo only, good sounding stereo.
I picked the Blu Ray for my concert and documentary watch/listen.
I have seen KWS twice live, Fox in Oakland and Fox in Redwood City, he can deliver, lets just keep it there.

I lied.
I did buy the Earbook and it arrived yesterday, very classy edition.
I usually like to watch/listen all in a box set and save the surround/Atmos for last.
Last night I just went right for the Pure Audio Blu Ray, 2.0 24/96 and Dolby Atmos, that's it. Seems like a no brainer for a stand alone, at least the surround community would gobble it up.
I digress.
Wow, what a fantastic Dolby Atmos, exactly how I like it, discrete on all instruments, vocals front, and swirling guitars that go from sides to top and back.
Honestly, I was so taken back by the mix I thought this is my favorite surround mix of the year. I don't know, there has been a lot of great physical surround discs this year, but I will say, absolutely had a awesome first impression.
Bob Ludwig did master, KWS produced the Atmos mix, and Immersive Audio mix done by Eric "E.T." Thorngren.
I will take a deep dive into this whole thing as it seems all so interesting, concert, making of, etc. but I thought you would like to have this info now.
I agree with you on the mix, sounds good even from streaming on Apple Music.

Nice mix and songs. I ripped my bluray using MakeMKV and used Music Media Helper to select the default audio in the single MKV file and also make seperate MKA files. If you select the audio stream ATMOS it will set or rip the 2 channel stereo stream. If you select the Dolby Digital stream it will set or rip the Atmos TrueHD stream. I thought others might want to know to save them some trouble.

Nice mix and songs. I ripped my bluray using MakeMKV and used Music Media Helper to select the default audio in the single MKV file and also make seperate MKA files. If you select the audio stream ATMOS it will set or rip the 2 channel stereo stream. If you select the Dolby Digital stream it will set or rip the Atmos TrueHD stream. I thought others might want to know to save them some trouble.
Oh boy, I read this when you posted and didn't heed your warning.
Weird, I just ripped the Atmos and you are right, START OVER, :rocks

Oh boy, I read this when you posted and didn't heed your warning.
Weird, I just ripped the Atmos and you are right, START OVER, :rocks
Started Over.
Was all wonky and not going right as @Mark Anderson said.
Re-ripped as Mark said, still a problem, the ATMOS TRU HD file was playing Dolby Digital, not Dolby Atmos. Same with the Dolby Digital rip. The stereo rip, no problem.
So now it's time to really go to work. Deleted all the files except the stereo, from my PC and my NAS.
Of course I thought for a half a second that it was my JRiver out of whack, checked other files, good.
Using MKV Re-ripped the BD one time Tru HD (Atmos) only, then used MMH (kept the MKV Chapter file) to tag, etc.
Using MKV Re-ripped the BD one time for the Dolby Digital 5.1, used MMH (to FLAC) for the tagging.
Normal, would be to rip all three Atmos, 5.1 and 2.0 at same time with MKV and then separate with MMH.
Start to finish, I still have some tagging to clean up, this little bugger BD probably has 1.5 hour of time involved to rip, re-rip, double tagging, etc.
Also, not that I care, with the MKV File, it is just a black video screen, usually the menu/video comes out also.
End of story all good, but lots of curve balls, at least for me, on this BD rip and I would like to think I am PRO at ripping.
I had a thought, but the thought is not likely, more advanced security against ripping?
I am adding @HomerJAU just in case Garry has any input, but probably just a one off case?
EDIT: I forgot name of disc is Trouble Is...25, at least not 25 times.

and used Music Media Helper to select the default audio in the single MKV file and also make seperate MKA files. If you select the audio stream ATMOS it will set or rip the 2 channel stereo stream. If you select the Dolby Digital stream it will set or rip the Atmos TrueHD stream. I thought others might want to know to save them some trouble.

Let me check MMH first thing in the morning AU time Mark, sounds like an MMH bug. I recently changed code related to audio stream selection. Sounds like I may have missed somethingā€¦

MMH bug fixes now released:

Fixes:
Split & Rename Concerts: Changing Default Audio Stream in mkv output failed - fixed (6.3.3 regression)
Chapter Editor: Changing Default Audio Stream in mkv output failed - fixed (6.3.3 regression)
You the MAN Gary.
Some time back I promised a $30 donation towards your new project but I haven't seen anything come up yet on how to get that to you, did I miss it? Sorry but I don't cover things here as good as I should at times.

Some time back I promised a $30 donation towards your new project

I havenā€™t got the new Spatial Music Review website up and running yet. It wonā€™t be until mid January now as I needed to finish my bathroom renovation and my new Ford 4x4 arrived and been doing essential mods. Going camping to outback just before Christmas for a week, then back onto finishing the website.

But back on topic, Iā€™m happy to report my new Ford Everest next-Gen plays Apple Music Atmos from my iPhone in surround! (10 speaker system). Iā€™ve downloaded a bunch of Atmos albums and playlists on my Apple Music iPhone app for the 12 hour drive. Bad news it doesnā€™t play MCH files though :(

Christmas around the camp fire this year! (No snow downunder at Christmas).

Back