Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're absolutely spot on. I'm 58 and the lossy Atmos is worse sounding than the best MP3 (320 Kbps CBR). It's got a bit of that nasty hollow out of phase sound like the early days of 128 Kbps MP3. Plus the low end isn't nearly as clean and powerful as the lossless stuff. I just compared both the 2020 and 2021 Atmos Sgt. Pepper to the 5.1 blu-ray. No contest in terms of sound quality, the Blu-Ray sounds far better. The 2021 Atmos mix is far better than the 2020 mix though and closer to the sound of the 5.1 Blu-Ray, particularly in the low end.
Lucky for you guys with good ears that you get to spend a lot of money for new disc's, but I don't have to. I hear the the difference, but it's not worth the money for me any longer. I get all the MC music I need from Apple Music for £10 a month. :cool:

Lucky for you guys with good ears that you get to spend a lot of money for new disc's, but I don't have to. I hear the the difference, but it's not worth the money for me any longer. I get all the MC music I need from Apple Music for £10 a month. :cool:
As long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters!

I'm still enthusiastic about the titles being released, even if I believe the sound is not Crackin' The Jack great! 😄

Drifting into otherness with this!

2DC938CF-B3AA-41D7-ABE5-6C5FDD28734B.jpeg

Had a mate over and gave him a demo of my Atmos streaming content.He had a positive reaction to all of the genre’s I played. He reckoned they all sounded pretty good.

He got particularly enthusiastic when He saw the ‘Tattoo You’ album from Rolling Stones -stating that there is not one dud song on the Album.

So I played him his choice track ‘Black Limousine’. Nearly instantly he said it sounded bad -with no bass presence , and told me ti go to another album after about 20 seconds.

So it seems to have more issues than a virtually non-existant Atmos sound field.

Had a mate over and gave him a demo of my Atmos streaming content.He had a positive reaction to all of the genre’s I played. He reckoned they all sounded pretty good.

He got particularly enthusiastic when He saw the ‘Tattoo You’ album from Rolling Stones -stating that there is not one dud song on the Album.

So I played him his choice track ‘Black Limousine’. Nearly instantly he said it sounded bad -with no bass presence , and told me ti go to another album after about 20 seconds.

So it seems to have more issues than a virtually non-existant Atmos sound field.
Yep some are mixed really bad and seem to lose either bottom end of kick drum and the Tom toms and snare drum on wanted dead or alive bon jovi lack the crack of the stereo version and the toms are non existent when the guitar solo comes in

papa roach no resort the snare drum also sounds phasey when the intro comes in

Start me up off that stones album i hate and my neighbour noticed it instantly also being a bad mix

Oh my...

Just popped in Pineapple Thief's new release, Nothing But The Truth.... OMG

This is a schooling in a spectacular sounding audio experience. The Atmos is so damn effective and big, I just can't believe it. Mind...blown. This leaps to the top of my favorite Atmos discs.

Oh, and the music? Damn.......
Hmmm…intriguing… 🤔
How would you describe their music to someone who has never heard them (like me!)?

Hmmm…intriguing… 🤔
How would you describe their music to someone who has never heard them (like me!)?
Maybe, a slightly mellower Porcupine Tree. On this one, it is simply outstanding, passionate. Watching Bruce Soord on vocals on this one, does remind of Steven Wilson. They seem to have a similar stance, similar presence.

Oh my...

Just popped in Pineapple Thief's new release, Nothing But The Truth.... OMG

This is a schooling in a spectacular sounding audio experience. The Atmos is so damn effective and big, I just can't believe it. Mind...blown. This leaps to the top of my favorite Atmos discs.

Oh, and the music? Damn.......
Okay Gene, this one is on you LOL! I just dropped $66 with DeepDiscount for the deluxe set based on your sayso. Can't wait for this one to arrive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back