Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a bummer, when I go to Apple Music, Spatial Music's main site under the Jazz Genre, this is all I get when I choose "Show All"
*I guess it doesn't include "Dolby Audio" 4.0?

JAZZ SPATIAL AUDIO.jpg

Hmmm…intriguing… 🤔
How would you describe their music to someone who has never heard them (like me!)?
I would say is a kind of "soft" Prog Rock. Interesting to be listened when you are tired or overhelmed of much more heavy or "metal" Prog Rock. Also Interesting his leader, Bruce Soord, solo albums.

I find some paralelism with Porcupine Tree and his leader Steven Wilson (if you know them), although they are different and Pineapple Thief softer than Porcupine Tree.

BTW, both bands share the great drummer of all times, Gavin Harrison.

Kind of a bummer, when I go to Apple Music, Spatial Music's main site under the Jazz Genre, this is all I get when I choose "Show All"
*I guess it doesn't include "Dolby Audio" 4.0?

View attachment 73523
I don’t think Apple considers Dolby Audio to be “Spatial Audio”. I assuming this is because Apple’s real focus with “Spatial Audio” is the headphone thing - and unfortunately real surround is just a byproduct of that (which is not a good thing for the long run for real surround lovers IMO).

Waiting patiently for DSOTM, in Atmos
Hard to fathom it being better than the Parson's Quad version, but .........
Well, the 50th Anniversary is in 2023 and Nick Mason did say in an interview that it would make sense for DSOTM to get the Atmos treatment. However, James Guthrie would likely be the first (or only) choice for mixing it and I don't think he's done anything in Atmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back