Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing it now...hang on
There is separation from the sides and rears, although too quiet!!
Heights are used but again too quiet.

Music good though, if you like this version of Heavy Metal.
Spot on!! Wayyyyy too subdued in regards to an immersive mix, and you'd think these albums would be ripe for all out sonic assault!!

Well, it's basically a 5.1 mix on Apple Music too. But I like it, there's a fair amount of activity in the surrounds and it's krankable. :cool:
Pretty sure that previously existing surround mixes are simply being "converted" for streaming.
Thankfully, that means a slow down or halt on expensive OOP discs. I'd prefer the discs, but scratching the itch kills any impulse to spend more than retail.

After reading so many good reviews I've gone back to attempt to listen to the Atmos mix, but I just cant. It's shite. Maybe I should try the stereo mix instead.
If you strongly temper your expectations for the surround mix, the album is still a good listen. Aside from the Atmos mix having a bit more ambiance and a few very isolated surround moments, I doubt you'll hear much difference from the stereo mix. Greta Van Fleet's The Battle At Garden's Gate is also in Atmos and worth a listen. Although I find the music less interesting, the Atmos mix is much more aggressive and immersive - it's a better showcase for what can be done with hard rock in Atmos.

Last edited:
This is all so KOOL.
Just a year ago I would never guessed I'd have access to so much MCH/Atmos files.
Just keepin fingers crossed that the Atmos juggernaut keeps rolling along awaking everyone to the joys of surround sound.

I don’t think Apple considers Dolby Audio to be “Spatial Audio”. I assuming this is because Apple’s real focus with “Spatial Audio” is the headphone thing - and unfortunately real surround is just a byproduct of that (which is not a good thing for the long run for real surround lovers IMO).
I’ve been wondering about exactly this. Why is this “not a good thing for real surround lovers?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back