Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back when this all started, one of the albums mixed for Atmos that I was most excited to hear about was Fantastic Negrito's upcoming release, Have You Lost Your Mind Yet? I just learned that a handful of singles from the album are already on Tidal, including "I'm So Happy I Cry," whose official video was just featured on NPR's All Songs Considered. I'm away from my Atmos/Firestick/Tidal setup for the evening. Has anybody heard these tunes? Are they indeed mixed for Atmos?

Ambra Prism of Life Atmos Blu Ray. Arrived today. Damn loud and bright, very disapointed with the mastering. Mixes are immersive as one would expect from Ambra. Why so loud? It makes no sense.

Back when this all started, one of the albums mixed for Atmos that I was most excited to hear about was Fantastic Negrito's upcoming release, Have You Lost Your Mind Yet? I just learned that a handful of singles from the album are already on Tidal, including "I'm So Happy I Cry," whose official video was just featured on NPR's All Songs Considered. I'm away from my Atmos/Firestick/Tidal setup for the evening. Has anybody heard these tunes? Are they indeed mixed for Atmos?

I couldn't find the Atmos version of "I'm So Happy I Cry"... It's there as a single/EP but only comes out as PCM 2.0 on my system. Quite a lot of scope for a good mix though by the sound of it... :phones

Jagged Little Pill - Alanis Morissette NEW ADDITION IN TIDAL!

Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.jpg

Only 3 songs - You Oughta Know, Hand In My Pocket, Ironic... Where's the rest of It?! Usually they list songs as singles... Has the Tidal song uploader gone on a fag break?! :smokin

Sounds quite good...

“You Oughta Know” in surround?! What’s the mix like? It’s not fair to deny us the details :LOL:

Pretty good! The opening drum brush strokes move from one rear channel to the other, some backing vocals there too. I think it suffers from some streaming compression but all 3 sound pretty full and involving. Not super discrete but kinda gone for an Atmos 3D in the song mix. :phones

Last edited:

View attachment 53118

Only 3 songs - You Oughta Know, Hand In My Pocket, Ironic... Where's the rest of It?! Usually they list songs as singles... Has the Tidal song uploader gone on a fag break?! :smokin

Sounds quite good...
Playing it now Wiil, again while watching footy.
Agree with your review, not super discrete but I like what there is...yes where are the other tracks?

I couldn't find the Atmos version of "I'm So Happy I Cry"... It's there as a single/EP but only comes out as PCM 2.0 on my system. Quite a lot of scope for a good mix though by the sound of it... :phones

Yep. Those three tracks are definitely not Atmos. Are they waiting until the album is officially released in August? And if, so, why?

Here's an article from Mix online that focuses extensively on Michael Romanowski's Atmos mix.

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/profiles/fantastic-negritos-have-you-lost-your-mind-yet
Again: what is Tidal thinking? Do they really want to promote Atmos and get people excited about it, or don't they? Here's a much-anticipated and unexpectedly timely new album by one of the most musically innovative and critically lauded contemporary funk/R&B artists working today. His music is seemingly made for Atmos, and the engineer himself, who truly gets how Atmos works and what differentiates it from other surround formats, is super excited about his work on this album. That this should get a prominent roll-out--preceded by a big tease--on Tidal seems like a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Another album I would never have played a few years back....A Boogie Wit da Hoodie, Artist 2.0
This is a top mix, although the music is not my kinda thang but I can see why it appeals to a younger audience.

View attachment 53118

Sounds quite good...
Lots of big bass. Thanks Flea!

Yeah, that always confused me, I didn't pull the trigger on release, and then wanted to later, and noticed they where expensive, even original release was expensive, but I would get confused on the variations of release.

I assume we are talking about Kraftwerk: 3-D

The single Blu Ray/DVD set is relatively cheap and the ATMOS mix is off the hook.

[edit] Well I see now that it isn't really available reasonably priced. Strange.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back