Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob James JAZZ HANDS [Evosound/Stereo SACD] at a spry 83, pianist Bob James still has what it takes and his latest outing featuring guest stars CeeLo Green, Dave Koz and DJ Jazzy Jeff in absolute state of the art sonics is no exception. Highest Recommendation. Comes in an SACD case with dust cover!

81o0+wRvR6L._SL1344_.jpg

THE WONDERFUL SOUNDS OF FEMALE VOCALS [Analogue Productions/2 Stereo SACDs] From Julie London to Ricki Lee Jones to Dusty Springfield this 2 disc AP compilation sounds extraordinary

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...ul_Sounds_of_Female_Vocals-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Various Artists - The Wonderful Sounds of Female Vocals

1. Cry Me A River - Julie London 2. Black Coffee - Ella Fitzgerald 3. Poetry Man - Phoebe Snow 4. Son Of A Preacher Man - Dusty Springfield 5. Just A Little Lovin' - Shelby Lynne 6. Show Biz Kids - Rickie Lee Jones 7. Crazy – Patsy Cline 8. Tennessee Waltz – Holly Cole 9. Breaking Silence – Janis Ian 10. Hey There – Myra Taylor 11. What a Shame – Patricia Barber 12. Plain Gold Ring - Nina Simone 13. The Moon Is Made Of Gold - Rickie Lee Jones 14. Blue Moon - Julie London 15. Blame It on the Moon - Nancy Bryan 16. Diamonds and Rust - Joan Baez 17. Somebody Who Loves You - Joan Armatrading 18. Send In the Clowns - Judy Collins 19. Ballad Of The Runaway Horse - Jennifer Warnes 20. A Case of You - Diana Krall 21. The Look of Love - Dusty Springfield 22. Brothers In Arms - Joan Baez

Willie Nelson STARDUST [Columbia/Single layer Stereo SACD] this extraordinary classic was produced by Booker T. Jones and mastered by Bernie Grundman

Primary
Secondary, 2 of 6

One of my first SACD purchases way back when. Along with Allison Krause - Live, Muddy Waters - Folk Singer, and of course Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.

PAT METHENY GROUP [ECM/Single Layer Stereo SHM~SACD] superb performances from Metheny, Guitar, Lyle Mays, Piano, synthesizer, autoharp, Mark Egan, Bass and Dan Gottlieb, Drums

61Os3BavTzS._SL1183_.jpg
What a great album! My favorite from the group. I’ve got this version and the Tower Records SACD which, unless I’m mistaken, is the same mix. Didn’t know it at the time, though. Oh well, not upset I have two versions.

What a great album! My favorite from the group. I’ve got this version and the Tower Records SACD which, unless I’m mistaken, is the same mix. Didn’t know it at the time, though. Oh well, not upset I have two versions.
Blackwood, am shocked that ECM/UMG never released Metheny's/May's AS FALLS WICHITA, SO FALLS WICHITA FALLS on SACD ...in fact, it would be a natural for the surround treatment so gorgeously layered an album it is

PAT METHENY & LYLE MAYS - as falls wichita, so falls wichita falls LP ...

HOT OFF the SHM~SACD presses LOUIS ARMSTRONG MEETS OSCAR PETERSON [Verve/MONO SHM~SACD] A landmark recording featuring twelve outstanding tracks with Louis vocals and trumpet, Oscar, Piano, Ray Brown, bass, Herb Ellis, guitar and Louis Bellson on drums.

Picture 1 of 15

My Oscar Peterson & John Coltrane should arrive in the next hour & a half from CDJapan, along with Santana's Welcome

HOT OFF the SHM~SACD presses LOUIS ARMSTRONG MEETS OSCAR PETERSON [Verve/MONO SHM~SACD] A landmark recording featuring twelve outstanding tracks with Louis vocals and trumpet, Oscar, Piano, Ray Brown, bass, Herb Ellis, guitar and Louis Bellson on drums.

Picture 1 of 15

If you're so inclined, please add this one to Discogs!

Back